Mark-in-Stoke

1st Mot passed but.....

Well she's just gone and passed her first MOT, but.........a catless manifold and a sports cat in the front pipe doesn't cut it, I ended up putting my old front pipe with cat back on and it sailed through.

Might as well go full catless and just do the swap over at MOT time

That'll be me then.

Strange that Keith Stanbury (Spec K) Did test a catless manifold with Cat in the front pipe and it passed. But I think his was a very expensive cat! 

Friendly MOT Test Station it is.  :P

Hmm. From one conversation via mails i recall Nameless rep mentioned, that catted combo FP-OP that they are making for Cossworth have higher cell count cat then their "own" catted FPOP. But even so, most probably cat in stock FP probably is more capable at cleaning out exhaust then any other 'high-flow' one .. hence my thought of line goes - get whichever catless header produces most gains (thinking so far of Aceheader's) and leave stock FP. Even this way performance gains will be very near point where diminishing returns hit (IIRC ~+40whp for NA), so most probably 2nd cat in FP delete's perf gain will be way less above thatm hence not much sense improving that bit too.

The 2nd cat will be hot enough if you warm it up properly.

I think check the spec Mark, I'm guessing your mileage can vary and cost is also a factor.

Was just thinking that if it's been dropped off then it would of been sat around cooling for a while and will never be hot enough.

It was plenty hot enough and very few miles done, it really has to be the cat as when the old one was refitted it passed easily (note to self, don't buy a cobra cat).

My Cobra Cat passed emissions test with non-resonated system and stock manifold when I tested it originally. Maybe it's just not beefy enough on it's own. Although it did pass with some great margin. 

I'm now running the Berk High Flow cat which has been tested to pass emissions. I'm going to have a dummy test as soon as I can with the supercharger to see where I stand.