Surreyjock

Just found the club

Bought my pearl white GT86 back in October of last year. Chopped in my Jag XFR so it was a dramatic change. Had a fixed head Lotus Elan back in the early 1970's (yes, I'm very old!) and the GT86 is pretty much a reincarnation but with reliability and hopefully longevity built in. Did my second track day last week at Snetterton after doing the Indy at Brands early in the year. It's easy to be critical regarding the lack of grunt but in the real world of everyday driving it's great fun without the threat of being a licence shredder. Just be careful when overtaking, the motor needs winding up to make progress. I love it and may do a few mods in the future.

Lets do one over Kent/Essex way, makes a change from the Grasshopper in westerham. Plus the food lately at the grasshopper has been mediocre at best lately. We need a new residency with a big carpark

Do a bit of scouting on Google Maps Rob and let us know where is roughly half way between everyone... Once we nail down a location we can start looking for a nice place for food! 

Welcome to the forum. I've been on a few GT 86 forums but your at the best. See the japfest event I popped into to meet some of the lovely people on here. Plus loads of good info etc..

again welcome 

Bluewater has big car parks....

And doughnuts.....

I've not been there in a while, any good eating establishments? It's Pretty central for the south-east bunch I will admit

There's a pretty big food court with lots to choose from if I recall correctly....though it has been a while so I could be completely wrong....but you'd expect it from these big shopping malls.

Hi. I have just found the club too. Good to see that I'm not the only "very old" owner. I too had an XF but mine was a diesel S. I recently sold my series 1 Lotus Elise and regretted it, until I bought my GT86. What a wonderful mix of fun and practicality. One of the best handling cars I have ever driven.

I also love it's rarity.

I look forward too meeting up with some other members soon. I'm in West Yorks.

Anyone got any opinions on best winter tyres with standard wheels? From the way it drives I think I'm going to need some.

Cheers.

Hi Ndrupat, welcome to the club, those who have gone winter tyres have primarily chosen Yoko's I believe, have a word with Rich the service manager from RRG Toyota Macclesfield (username riceburner), he can sort you out with a set no problems.

Welcome, I'm a new owner too. I find it shares engine characteristics with the EP3 Type-R, rewards you for punishing it.. But with much better chassis and control

Come and join us www.im-tuned.uk