Sign in to follow this  
rob275

No Counter-Parts anymore!

It also means if you're hiring a car abroad you will need to apply for a code within 72 hours (was going to be 24 hours originally) of hire to allow the hire car company to view your digital license to check for points/endorsements.

And the site doesn't seem to work properly...fantastic stuff

Of course it doesn't it's the governments website, when has it ever worked when you need it to? :P

Same with the Dartford crossing going online, and they paid that bridge off years ago! 

They had the cheek to close my account down the other day because I "didn't pay" even though they were meant to send me and email for me to top my account up which I had never received

Its a terrible system and I also found out that the money in your account has a limited shelf life.. So if you top up £10 but don't use the crossing within the allotted time length, say 3-4 months, they automatically take ALL the money in your account and it resets to zero?!

Its a terrible system and I also found out that the money in your account has a limited shelf life.. So if you top up £10 but don't use the crossing within the allotted time length, say 3-4 months, they automatically take ALL the money in your account and it resets to zero?!

Really? wow what a bunch of arseholes! I'm going to cancel my DD and purposely cross it 50 times now without paying just to piss them off.

You must really hate them (and yourself) to want to do that...

Anyhow I will hear NOTHING against the Dartford crossing. :-)

Several years ago, after having driven from Italy in a day back to Zeebrugge to catch North Sea ferry our crossing was cancelled. So with 2 kids in the back we had to drive to Calais, catch the ferry and then face the drive North to York. Of course I had not planned to be on the M25 and I got to the toll with about 14p in legal currency. I told the lady in the booth what had happened and she just let me through.

I hope karma rewarded her in some way...

The Dartford crossing was my favorite part of driving the M25. Find other cars you've been eyeing up along the route, pull into the booth next to them and have a 0-60 race out of the gate.

The Dartford crossing was my favorite part of driving the M25. Find other cars you've been eyeing up along the route, pull into the booth next to them and have a 0-60 race out of the gate.

Always fun that! Has to go down to 2 to 3 lanes again at somepoint so you might as well beat the person next to you to it!

Just love the crossing took years to remove booths now they are digging up roads Essex side to make approach roads better that were okay since they shut the bridge booths DOH!