400hp from the same 2 litre turbo 4 pot that is in the Golf R?! That is some serious HP/L figures which I would imagine overtake even the A45 AMG? 

Still wouldn't buy one though, as knowing VW and the Golf it will be HUGELY overpriced compared with the likes of the new Focus RS and the turbo Civic Type R etc. 

That and it'll probably be a bit dull/boring....was never a massive fan of Golf's to be fair, always thought they were over rated, but I did like the look of the Scirocco....but even now they all seem a bit dull/boring.

That and it'll probably be a bit dull/boring....was never a massive fan of Golf's to be fair, always thought they were over rated, but I did like the look of the Scirocco....but even now they all seem a bit dull/boring.

I really fancied a Scirocco when they came out, but went with a 1 series coupe at the time. But went back to the Scirocco a couple of months ago and just thought 'meh'. Worst thing is that the fat pillars and low roofline make the interior quite oppressive.

Can't understand why they are squeezing so much power from a 2.0L. I mean fair enough tuning a car AFTER its already been designed/released but if you doing it from the ground up why not just start with a bigger lump in the first place. Whats the advantage of it? I don't see them selling many as it will be pricey, even a half decent specced GTI is over 30K... 30K for a golf?

I have a Mk4 Golf atm, genuinely great car no doubt about it, however its incredibly boring. I nearly bought a Scirocco before considering a GT86, to be fair it was nice but again just found it a bit boring, my girlfriends 3 cylinder Up! is more fun to drive.

My friend has the mk4 R32 and as much as i love to drive it, he says he is very bored of it! Shame really. Awais still has his Mk2 GTi which he still loves and cherishs! Not too sure on this though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk