mike-p

Manifold with sports cat fitted today

Had this bad boy fitted today, what a difference to the exhaust note, much more tuneful i.e.LOUD!

I'll need to get it logged for Adrian so Cosworth can tweak the map, but the car feels even more responsive (but that could be the exhaust note fooling the seat of my pants).

Looking forward to a shakedown with it next weekend. If you get to the Premier Inn before me, you should hear it from about 1/2 mile away!

post-305-0-48083600-1432120315_thumb.jpg

Lovely! LOL at the comment about hearing it from 1/2 mile away!

Look similar to the HKS manifold.

In the defence of the Cosworth manifold it does costs £1,554.00 but it is a proper stepped design for max hp gains (I forget the formula but these is one for runner length tuning to give max torque at a given rpms), flow tested for 380HP, and has a very expensive and quality cermic coating on both the inside and out.

A top quality ceramic coating costs the best part fo £500! Having said that, there is no CAT in the cossy which also costs the best part of £500! :o

Are you going to re-dyno the car once you get the tune?

You can hear me from 2 miles away according to a friend of mine :P  so nerrrr

Lovely piece of kit though

I wonder what difference having the sports cat in the manifold (like you) or the front pipe (like me with a Berk HFC) makes to noise/power?

Nope it was nowhere near £1,700. I got it from a place in Dorset, I'll tell you more when you pop up for a butchers.

It is why I generally go over to the US or Japan as you get a much more reasonable price for exactly the same products! I wasn't sure whether or not Cosworth did a sports cat version of their equal length, so just thought I would ask the question after you obviously got the Cossie SC kit too!

Would be good to have a chat about it though :)

I think the sports cat will definitely take out the rasp, creating a much more "clean" sounding tone. 

When you consider how loud that is, imagine what I have to put up with on a daily basis with no cats and just a 2.5" straight pipe back to the catback :P

Lovely! LOL at the comment about hearing it from 1/2 mile away!

Look similar to the HKS manifold.

In the defence of the Cosworth manifold it does costs £1,554.00 but it is a proper stepped design for max hp gains (I forget the formula but these is one for runner length tuning to give max torque at a given rpms), flow tested for 380HP, and has a very expensive and quality cermic coating on both the inside and out.

A top quality ceramic coating costs the best part fo £500! Having said that, there is no CAT in the cossy which also costs the best part of £500! :o

Are you going to re-dyno the car once you get the tune?

Yup I'll put the car back on the rollers once the map is updated.

I wonder what difference having the sports cat in the manifold (like you) or the front pipe (like me with a Berk HFC) makes to noise/power?

Smudge, it will be interesting to compare, are you going to Blyton next week?

adding a Berk HFC to a standard exhaust system made very little change to sound of the system

adding a Berk HFC to a standard exhaust system made very little change to sound of the system

Why would it?

The main sound deadening is in the resonator in the mid pipe and the back box

I have a straight through mid pipe into an invidia back box and a decathlon manifold up front

Why would it?

The main sound deadening is in the resonator in the mid pipe and the back box

I have a straight through mid pipe into an invidia back box and a decathlon manifold up front

with less restriction in the pipe it should flow more and increase noise, like decatting does but not as much