toyokid

Speed detection defences

I live in North Yorkshire where we have to travel big distances between destinations,

which means getting the hammer down to achieve reasonable travelling times,

our local boys in blue keep investing in mobile camera vans, more and more.....for the benefit of revenue generation,

which I have previously provided them with,

what can I do to prevent myself from continuing to do so?

Thanks in advance

Stephen

Don't speed?

There are various detection devices you can get. I've still got a Bell Euro 550 which I got back in 2002 or so. Not used it for years though. That would pick up Gatso's and more importantly tell you if they were on or not. It worked with laser also, but you have to remember by the time it goes off you have already been done. Really there's no answer to avoiding laser. 

The thing with Gatso's anyway is that if it's a regular route you know where they are. 

I would say allow more time to drive the distances you are doing. 

Any camera that is rear facing (ie you need to past it first) - no one should get caught by these...

Front facing ones? Look ahead on roads before speeding to make sure it's clear?

Or as Lauren says, don't speed :P

Once the Cayman S is run in,

we may have a problem Houston!

Laser beams seem to be the problem, need to diffuse them or block them?

No fixed cameras in North Yorkshire, well maybe one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, laser jammers are illegal. I admit I've never used one, though I know people who have. It's one of those really, you may get away with it, but you might not. You take your chances! 

Isn't 2nd gear good for about 90mph in one of those? They always seem to have such long gearing. 

Apparently good for 170plus mph, but not so good for plod! Torquey engine, but 3.4 litre is a little bigger than 2.0 litres

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Laser jammers are illegal 

They are now but when I bought one they were legal. I still have mine and it works but have not used it in many years 

I swear the one I have was a jammer and will have a to take a pic and look into it. Not that I use it. Just that I came across one last  year in the

loft 

I bought my wife a new Road Angel Gem+ for her new 86 (she had a Road Angel Pro-Connected in her Alfa GT) but there's no where flat to stick the mount. Hence, ordered her the window mount bracket.

Great database on RA devices. Used them for years.