Sonic

GT86 in latest EVO magazine

Peeps

don't know if you've spotted but there's a review of the Cosworth Gt86 in EVO magazine? seems they liked it but thought the suspension setup could do with some work

anyone else seen it?

It was more about the lack of mid range and power it could do with. It was either the last or most recent review they did on the supercharged Cosworth 86 review that have also done 

I am somewhat surprised that EVO  don't mention the brakes... for me, that was the outstanding bit of their demo car.

(Or mebbe they do... I can't read the whole scanned article..)

Spec K

Sounds like Cosworth haven't quite sorted the car as a whole package. Wonder what suspension it's running?

I thought it was running stock, though this article suggests otherwise.

Keith, they do mention the brakes

Yes they are to be fair, but when they keep talking about complete packages and the like, they were obviously hoping to have an approved 'Cosworth GT86' to sell. 

Surprised he said the chassis struggled with the bump in power, especially after thats exactly what many journo's said the chassis needed to unlock it's full potential! But I guess it all comes down again to the setup on the coilovers

Yes they are to be fair, but when they keep talking about complete packages and the like, they were obviously hoping to have an approved 'Cosworth GT86' to sell. 

If thats the case they need to pull their finger out, as R&D is going very slowly. I'd bet good money that there are a couple Engineers working on the FA20 and they probably keep getting pulled to more important jobs which keep delaying things.

If they put enough resources in place, it wouldn't take years, more a matter of months.

I'd love to see a cosworth GT86 special like the Impreza they did.

Out of curisosity, I just had a look at the Evo Review of the CS400.

I quote: "So how did Cosworth go about getting 395bhp from the 2.5? ‘We started by running what we call a Finite Element Analysis,’ Woods explains, ‘and saw immediately that the piston and rod would not provide the durability we wanted."

How many other companies have the knowledge and resources to do a finite element analysis (basically mathematically model the piston and rod to determine fatigue and failure rates). When Stage 3 internals come out, you can guarentee they will have done the R&D for the fa20 to be bullet proof.

Tons of people run the Impreza with 400+ hp with standard rods and pistons, but Cosworth are able to mathematically model the system and determine how many cycles the rods/pistons can take before one or many of them starts to fatigue.

You can bet your bottom dollar/pund/euro, they've done it for the fa20 and they their reasoning for 280hp - the highest they consider safe for long term reliability.

Toyota won't approve them, so it's never going to happen. I think that has curtailed the development as they are just the same as every other big tuner out there.