Tilly

K Sport 330mm 8 pot big brake kit

As per the title, due to illness everything must go unfortunately including the car and all mods. These were on the car for circa 5,000 miles, they're the red 8 pots and a proper bit of kit designed specifically for our cars, they're setup in such a way as to not destroy the braking balance and you can see this through the 8 pots actually being different sizes for progressive even braking.

The black bits you can see on the brakes is not damage, simply brake dust, I had a quick go at cleaning them and got most of it off but as you can see underneath they're shining like new.

AC0FE4E8-D4BA-4695-BABA-717A5CF2DE5C.jpg

I've not pulled the discs out of the bags purely because I don't want to get crap all over my hands and work clothes but rest assured they're as they should be, there is a small amount of surface rust of the disc face as you would expect as the car wasn't used for a couple of weeks while I was in and out of the doctors so a five minute drive pressing the brakes a few times will clear that and take them back to fresh again or a light blast with a bit of fine grade sand paper. You can see here though that they're seriously heavy duty, vented and two piece so they allow for expansion without warping and preventing fade:

B05F5ED1-B4F8-40F1-8DCC-5E1C2E6547EA.jpg

The brake lines in the pic are brand new as I never bothered fitting them but are of course included in the price (but the coilovers aren't haha)

CA0B8B27-CDC2-4398-BDD9-4BB7FB47C46C.jpg

I've had a few people asking how easy they are to fit and the answer is child's play, one banjo bolt on the back of the brake caliper and two bolts on the hanger. These brakes include their own hangers specifically designed to fit our cars as you can see in this pic, simply unbolt the two on the standard brake and replace the whole lot with this, attach the brake line and voila! Simples.

528DF5AA-8885-48C7-9E50-68F40D5D8B16.jpg

Plenty of meat on the pads because as I say they've only done 5k miles and it was never my intention to sell any of this stuff but that's another story. The beautiful thing is, although I think it's highly unlikely you'd need to replace the discs or pads for a very long time, if at all as these are a serious piece of kit, they are actually fully interchangeable with the likes of AP, ferodo, brembo etc :)

6C3B93D5-2064-424D-A394-04B4B4934D62.jpg

The kits don't actually come with brake pads believe it or not so you have to pay for them as an extra so these kits are £1000+ new. I'm asking for £650 collected, I may be able to post at an additional cost but be warned... Although they are lighter than the standard setup reducing rotational mass, they are very, very heavy to be posting to collection is preferred. Any questions fire away but I think that just about covers it!!

I can verify to the excellence of these calipers - it's what I use in the TSS, albeit with Ferodo DS2500 pads and StopTech rotors..

... as Tlly says, you retain the front/rear balance using std rear calipers but the progressive feel on the fronts is way superior to the original.

Spec K

A couple of questions if I may, I assume these are just the fronts, no rears? Are the discs just the K Sport discs? And will I need spacers if I was still using stock wheels?

Keethos - Yes this is just the front, rears really aren't needed at all and are totally pointless in my opinion.

Regarding spacers, I have a TRD so my wheels are different to the standard 17's. I seem to remember reading somewhere that yes you would need to use spacers with 17" wheels but coincidentally I do actually have some you could have for free with the brakes, I just haven't bothered mentioning them because I didn't think they'd be worth selling on, you're more than welcome to them though.

The discs are the two piece K Sport floating discs, more than sufficient and perfect for the job, the fact they were two piece heavily influenced me when choosing this kit because of how well they perform.

Smudge - the braided lines are k sport also, I chose not to fit them as at the time I didn't have access to a brake line tool so I left the standard lines on the car, the brake feel was improved that much I'd never got round to fitting them. I won't be selling them separately I'm afraid unless the new buyer of the brakes doesn't want them but I'll let you know should they still be available.

Honest answer, not sure, I'll have a nosey. They do fit under most 17's but it's usually dependant on offset/spoke design, I know I had TE37's on my S15 and had a 330mm setup on that which fit fine... I'll see what I can find

In K Sports words "This kit is designed to fit under most 17" wheels in terms of diameter"

With that in mind and the style of the TE37's being fairly square on the inside I can't see it being an issue, like I say, my 330mm brembos fit fine under them on my Silvia:

3F3A29E3-3D18-4167-8339-256AA34B5DA2.jpg

And of course the same applies Lauren... If you want the front spacers to be double sure, they can be included with the brakes for free, they're only mild spacers, 15mm if memory serves

I do... Currently still on the car as I just have one last job to do at weekend to return it to standard, the tears were slightly wider though

Awesome, 20mm perhaps? And are the Eibach Spacers? Actually been looking for some spacers for my stock wheels. Would you throw in both front and rear spacers with these brakes? Oh and this might be a bit of a silly question but do the brake lines replace all the stock brake lines or just the fronts again?

Should fit fine Lauren, this is a pic of someone fitting some monstrous 356mm K Sports under some 17" TE37s so if the 356 mm's fit okay then the 330's should fit more comfortable than this and have MUCH better ventilation lol

C9E88F14-D27D-4F8F-A6BD-A9914CD21FFD.jpg

The braided brake lines are just for the fronts mate, they're most important anyway. As for spacers, if you want the fronts AND the rears I'd ask for another £20 because they're not the cheapest things and you'd be robbing me at that lol. The rears were more expensive too as they're 20mm and I've just checked for reference the fronts are 15mm. They're not eibach, they're Super GT but of course same thing as they're a proper huncentric setup, a quick pic of the front 15mm spacers

D990EB38-9E47-46CF-B322-DE6A9499688B.jpg

It's not nessecarily the diameter that is key with fitting a BBK which is what I'm guessing Lauren was hinting at... you can fit a massive diameter that just clears the inner rim but if you have a tiny offset (standard at +48mm is) then a BBK can foul the spokes of the wheel... I'm unsure of what the TRD wheel offset is but that would help if it differs from the 17's

An example from my old days in the GT4 world... the standard wheel is +45mm, but due to the caliper/wheel spoke thickness relationship an aftermarket wheel has to be at least +35mm to fit over the standard calipers.

Should fit fine Lauren, this is a pic of someone fitting some monstrous 356mm K Sports under some 17" TE37s so if the 356 mm's fit okay then the 330's should fit more comfortable than this and have MUCH better ventilation lol

C9E88F14-D27D-4F8F-A6BD-A9914CD21FFD.jpg

That's insane! Love it

Fine mate, there's not really much I can say as spacers are a relatively simple bit of kit.  They're essentially just an ally billet block that's CNC machined with a 5x100PCD, countersunk holes so you can bolt them to the standard hub, no other mods required and they have a 56.1mm centre bore to match our cars...

Have a look on www.super-gt.co.uk and navigate through to the Toyota 5x100 PCD ones and that's them.  They're £60 new for the 15mm front spacers and £65 for the 20mm rears.  Please note though... I will not sell the rears separately for £20, that deal is only offered if you take the brakes also as you'd essentially be getting a £1000 brake kit and £125 of spacers for a price of £670 collected LMAO so a hell of a deal!

Right guys... I want my house back lol. These are now £600 and you can have the front spacers free if you want them or a package at £620 to include the rear spacers also

Provisionally sold subject to collection on Tuesday, he Is also taking the wheel spacers for the car so they will not be offered separately unfortunately.  I still have some other parts for sale being the brand new Tomei stainless overpipe and the brand new titanium Tomei front pipe/decat.  I'll shortly be listing my HKS Hipermax IV GT coilovers so keep your eyes peeled ;)

These were paid for and collected today along with both the front and rear spacers, thanks Keith. Get some pics up ASAP and if you need any help give me a shout!

The brand new exhaust parts are still available t a heavily discounted price, see the other threads for these. HKS coilovers also to be listed shortly