keelerad

Anyone else interested in Drivers Club Sprint stickers ?

I thought it seemed a bit odd that we are sprinting covered in advertising for others and we don't have any club branding on the cars

I have contacted a couple of places about getting stickers made up with this image that we could stick onto mag vinyl

GT86-BRZ-Drivers-Club-Logo%202015.png

Vinyl Lettering Online Quote

In Ashton under Lyne

570 x 195 mm (width x height) in black gloss or black matt

10 copies = £82

20 copies = £127

including UK Delivery (1st class)

Demon Graphics Quote

This lot are in Manchester

For 10 or 20, the cost will be £5.00 per piece. (This was for 500mm wide)

That means we would be talking (if we go with the cheaper) £10 a car

Any interest ?

Alec

If you have a decent vector graphic where the stars don't look like blobs we can use that instead, it stars that are blobby that irritates me :P

I have no idea if that's expensive or not, I got 2 quotes and these companies are not charging tooling up costs, a few of the others I looked at wanted to charge £50-£60 for setup

So Rob doesn't like them and thinks they are too expensive :blink: ,

Do those of you that actually expressed an interest want to go ahead using that image (with the Font Rob finds irritating) from Demon Graphics at £10 a set, if so we need at least one more to get that price.

Mike A, Faith are you interested ?

1.Alec

2.Lauren

3.Mike P

4.Jamie

Alec

They are blobby for a reason, so they don't peel, that said these are going on magnets so won't be an issue. I can make it later, i'd rather you used the correct font. Otherwise the club is just a waste of time for me. (yes i don't expect you to understand)

Can put me down for a set, happy to use the font that Rob doesn't like :D

Don't mind paying a little extra so that they don't peel off like some of the TSS ones did so you end up with bits missing

I really don't get the love for that font Mate (did you design it for a project at College ?  :lol: ), I think it's bogging, but I'm more worried about blobby stars as I said, if you can let me have a file with the w*nky font in I'll do a cut and shut of Steves Scoobie stars round the  official font and see what that looks like.

Remember this is being done much larger than the club ones, so the pointy stars will look miles better and shouldn't be an issue with staying on when washing etc as they are not intended to go on the cars directly, just the mag vinyl

Alec

It's not a love for the font, it's a case of keeping things uniform. It's like Toyota taking their logo they have used for years and rotating it 90 degrees, or changing their font. It's an identity.  :lol:

You mean like Mazda did ?  :D

It's the Subaru stars round the 86 roundel that I like in the logo, sums up the whole joint venture to me and I wish they'd put something like that on both cars as standard.

Alec

Those who bought mag vinyl from me I'll mount them for them for free as I have plenty left over and you've already paid for the vinyl, for others It'll be a quid extra per sticker, so £5 mounted £4 unmounted (all money from these goes to club funds)

So who wants what then ?

So far :

Jamie £8 (he gets free mag mounting)

Alec

Nice people -

Now that the Blyton entry is published we can see who has entered under the DC team name... eight? ten?.. really good that we're all buzzing - oh, apart from RRG and Fensport, who are Sloane Rangers to our East Enders.. (tee hee..)

£8 per pair for DC stickers seems a lot to me. And the Club should issue these free of charge (in my opinion) to anyone who enters under the DC team entry, subject to the (1) below.

If the design can be printed on white A3/A4 paper (portrait or landscape)  I can laminate (encapsulate) them free of charge (with overlap for weatherproofing) and double sided tape will keep them on mag backing.

10p per photocopy, 20p per lamination, 10p for d/stick tape, 60p for mag backing... £7.00 for beer.... that's what I call a real deal, Mr. Dickinson...Rob, if you'd like to send me a .pdf to required size  I will 'dummy' a set up and bring them to Blyton for the Members to review. I'll dummy a set on mag and wear them/ get Jamie to slap them on his car.

(1) All drivers who wish to take part in the Toyota Sprint Series GT86 Cup Division should (must?) be personal Premier members of the DC. You might need to get this agreed by Javelin/Fensport.

Fensport and RRG have team entries  - all three drivers  (Lauren - Stan - Adrian) are premier members, yes?

Spec K

This does not preclude any newby/dark sider from sprinting in the 'general' TSS in the GT86 classes  but the DC 'launched' the GT86 Cup, so competitors in the Cup should be Premier members of the DC.

Spec K