keelerad

Anyone else interested in Drivers Club Sprint stickers ?

Hmmm I'm hammered so not sure if Ive understood correctly, but looking at the entry list I'm the only one that hasn't put the DC as a team that is unsponsored and the like...

Lauren is down as RRG because Gary couldn't get his car finished/make it in assuming as he's off the list now...

8quid isn't expensive to get the name about at all and I'm more than happy to pay for it.

I don't think the TSS side of the Club should take money out of the rest as there is 20 of us(approx) that compete out of the membership.

Those that compete should be happy (I know I am) with paying the extra to keep and promote the support this club gets...

Who's heard of the owners club recently

By this statement:

'I don't think the TSS side of the Club should take money out of the rest as there is 20 of us(approx) that compete out of the membership'

I'm meaning that the club funds go towards those that want to participate in shows/Trackdays etc... Us TSS lot are a minority

Keith, if you must know. The actual cost of the vinyl stickers was £3.75 each, I just asked Alec to sell them at £4 each to save pissing about with change. That price is cheap, bare in mind Alec's quotes were more. 

Most people are putting them on magnets, it's a one time investment. I can't singularly decide whether we as a club should offer these for free. It's up to discussion between Keith, Alec and Lauren also and whether it will affect "show funds"

If we was forcing it as a sponsor, we wouldn't be charging people at all.

The idea was to make a little bit of money to go into club funds, not subsidise us from them, as all us TSS'ers are playing with ourselves out of choice  ;)

I started off with the idea cause I wanted some myself to have on my car and thought I's ask to see who else would like some at the same time

Alec

I'll take a pair Alec. I've still got plenty of the vinyl left so can put them on myself, just need to know how big they are as I'd rather not bring the whole roll :P

They are 570 x 190 mm, I'd cut the vinyl slightly larger (say 580 x 200) to give a bit of wiggle room

Alec

Keith, if you must know. The actual cost of the vinyl stickers was £3.75 each, I just asked Alec to sell them at £4 each to save pissing about with change. That price is cheap, bare in mind Alec's quotes were more. 

Most people are putting them on magnets, it's a one time investment. I can't singularly decide whether we as a club should offer these for free. It's up to discussion between Keith, Alec and Lauren also and whether it will affect "show funds"

If we was forcing it as a sponsor, we wouldn't be charging people at all.

Rob, I have no issue with the actual cost for self adhesives, for a limited quantity. Especially at the size Alec quotes - they are enormous, bigger than any TSS sponsor, including RRG.

I am proposing a possible cheaper alternative, albeit a little smaller to fit on A3. Again, a one time investment.

And to suggest that they will only be used by TSS participants discounts those who may wish to display their Club membership big time at places like Japfest... for £1 per side including magnetic.

Spec K

I'm down as RRG as a mistake really. My last entry was sponsored, but this is my own for this round, so I should be competing under the club name, but just didn't correct it when I noticed it. 

Thought Gary had his car ready? It looked ready when I saw it on Friday. 

Lauren is down as RRG because Gary couldn't get his car finished/make it in assuming as he's off the list now...

I also don't think the club should be subisdising sitckers for TSS entry, it's only a handful of us after all. I'm quite happy to pay £8. I'm also not convinced that a club sticker will be used in isolation by members at car shows and the like. A few of us have stuck all our vinyl on at times, but that's okay as it's how the car looks at sprints. 

If people want to have a bigger club sticker for their car, then we should just do them at cost, not sure whether they need the mangetic backing, but that would be extra cost of course. 

Was thinking more like my window stickers with just GT86.org.uk seeing as we don't have any BRZ's in the TSS. One URL is enough I think. 

Like the run Rob did. 

I'll have a set off you Alec, If you could mount mine also.  

IMO I don't think there is any need to stick the url on there (it's not the 90's), as nobody searches with url's any more, you just type "gt86 drivers club" in to google.

And also I'm with Rob on this one of keeping everything uniformed, Alec you should change your stickers  :P