ACT Heavy duty clutch.

I am selling the ACT heavy duty clutch kit from "Steve's" car.

It has not done many miles and was never subjected to any track abuse or silly launches.

Clutch%201.jpg

As you can see it is the 6 puck sprung version so it wont be too aggressive on your 'box and should last for many miles due to the large friction area.

Clutch.jpg

The paddles average out at 0.310" so still have plenty of life left in them. The new thickness is 0.315" and the specified minimum is 0.270"

Clutch%20plate%201.jpg

It comes complete with a light flywheel, which is also in very good condition.

Clutch%20parts.jpg

This clutch new retails at £604. I am asking half that, £300 ono. I will post at cost, which will be roughly £20.

Is it fair to say that these would only really benefit those who have or are going FI? Not much benefit for those still NA?

I would say that is a fair comment, yes Keethos. The flywheel is lighter, but as you say, with n/a there really isn't much benefit.

According to some people I've spoken with who have hands on experience, the stock clutch is useless when you start to add power.

If I didn't already have a brand new Xtreme clutch from Fensport, I would be keeping this.

I was more looking at the flywheel to reduce the rotational mass of the car, as I want to get one and a lightweight pulley kit to allow the car to rev more freely! The clutch would just be an added bonus if I was ever going to go down the FI route in the future :)

Be VERY careful James.... fitting a lightweight flywheel AND lightweight pulleys can cause problems down the road... This is a for sale thread, so I'm not trying to start a massive debate, but I'm just saying whilst I've got your attention.

No worries Nigel, if you would want to send me a PM away from this thread to explain why I would be hugely grateful, as I would love to learn a bit more about that side of it including the problems it causes!

Be good to expand my knowledge on that area of the car :)

No worries Nigel, if you would want to send me a PM away from this thread to explain why I would be hugely grateful, as I would love to learn a bit more about that side of it including the problems it causes!

Be good to expand my knowledge on that area of the car :)

Search around, particularly on the US forums. As Mark at Abbey once stated, "The manufacturers spend time and money fitting dampers to the pulleys these days. It's a cost they would avoid if they could". You can fit light flywheel OR pulleys. Personally, I would recommend the flywheel.

Cheers for the advice Nige, spend a lot of time on the US forum as they have plenty of nice goodies over there. Will do a bit of digging over the next few days. I am guessing a lightweight driveshaft and flywheel would be the optimum choice then to help reduce rotational mass?

I'm guessing you mean the prop shaft (not a driveshaft!). I would guess there is little to gain as rotational mass is fairly well controlled given the small diameter of the prop. 

Nige,

I could be interested.  As you know, my clutch would appear to be starting to slip on full boost.  This clutch may be better than another Helix one.  Would the ACT clutch work for a road car?

I'm guessing you mean the prop shaft (not a driveshaft!). I would guess there is little to gain as rotational mass is fairly well controlled given the small diameter of the prop.

Yep that's what I meant! Whoops! I was still half asleep when I had written this after getting up early to watch the F1 this morning... Doh!

Nige,

I could be interested.  As you know, my clutch would appear to be starting to slip on full boost.  This clutch may be better than another Helix one.  Would the ACT clutch work for a road car?

I haven't driven the car as you know Dave. It is siold for road use, so i guess it will be fine. For an honest opinion, ask Adrian. He has driven the car and is unbiased, other than the fact he'd probably like to sell you a new Helix :P

I need to make space in my garage so am now reducing the price of this clutch to £250.

This is a real bargain for someone who needs a lighter flywheel and heavy duty clutch.

Would you sell the Flywheel seperate Nigel? As a lightweight flywheel would be more beneficial for me, but not the clutch as I am still only N/A and not putting out a great deal of power that would require it. 

I don't think the flywheel will work with the stock clutch?

In any case, I would rather sell as a complete lot.

No worries Nigel, thought it was worth the question any way. 

I would snap both off you in a heartbeat when I got paid on the 1st April as I don't have the funds for it this month (which is why I asked if you would sell it separate) but I am not sure whether you would be willing to wait that long?