GTB

Eibach Pro Spacers - Am I Missing Something ??????

I bought 2 sets of Eibach pro spacers from Fensport (sorry Abbey better price). On trying to fit them I find an error. The male spigot diameter on my hub is 73mm but the female bore on the spacers is 56mm. Have checked these with a vernier. Everywhere I see hub bore of 56.1mm for GT86 but the male spigot on my front offside hub is definitely 73mm.

Fensport think the spacers may be packaged wrong and I am returning them Monday.

In the meantime if anyone has any tips then please shout ! I thought 56.1mm bore quoted everywhere on the interweb was this male spigot outside diameter ?

Cheers

Geoff

The standard hubs on the car have a 56.1mm centre bore, well all 4 do on mine, I had the centres of my wheels machined to match as they were celica fitment (54.1mm).

If the hub on the vehicle is 73mm then there's nothing wrong with the spacers...

Yes, the centre bore of the hub is 56.1mm and the bore of the spacer is 56.1mm but how on earth does it sit flush to the oem hub that has a 73mm male lip ?

Hi Geoff,

Just been speaking to Tim about this and we have tried to call you back but no answer ..... basically you must have a spigot ring stuck on your hub flange as Jamie has said, all GT86 are 56.1 so if the Eibach spacer is measuring that then it will fit ... we close at 1 today but advise you double check before sending them back  :)

Cheers

Adrian

O.K will do, yes I have aftermarket wheels. I had the tyres and wheels swapped over by a local garage. Hadn`t given that a thought. I will double check but it appears I may be a numpty ! Thanks for excellent support.

When I took one of the other wheels off it was blatantly obvious there was a spigot ring fitted to increase O/D from 56 to 73 for the Rota wheels. The first wheel it just looked like one complete component with an O/D of 73mm. Now sorted and thanks for the input, spigot rings off, spacers fitted, spigot rings back on done !

I feel rather embarrassed now :wacko:

When I took one of the other wheels off it was blatantly obvious there was a spigot ring fitted to increase O/D from 56 to 73 for the Rota wheels. The first wheel it just looked like one complete component with an O/D of 73mm. Now sorted and thanks for the input, spigot rings off, spacers fitted, spigot rings back on done !

I feel rather embarrassed now :wacko:

Been there and done the same, but now you are wiser  :) all in a days work !!

15mm front and 20mm rear this is with Rota Boost 17" wheels (can`t remember offset) running OEM tyres and HKS Hipermax 4GT suspension (-17mm front and -16mm rear). I`m now proposing to drop a further 8mm. Looks pretty good.

Always worth checking when removing wheels that the spigot ring does not fall off and hide itself under car

First time trying to fit wheels with spigots I dropped the car no less than 3 times to find the damn thing lying next to the wheel :angry: