STEVO9000

Anyone running BC Racing BR series coilovers?

Well we have some good news.

Apex confirmed there'd been a series of complaints regarding this issue which had triggered a factory redesign of the rear units.

These were tested last week and confirmed as a fix! From what Apex advise me it is a change in the unit allowing the OE top mount to be used instead. From what I've read, this happened on the coilovers they released for the Impreza's also.

The units are on order now and they expect to receive them on the 27th, so I should have them back shortly after to refit along with some Super Pro rear camber adjustable bushes I picked up from Fensport.

So if anyone has their rear BC's knocking, get in touch with Apex and hopefully they'll resolve yours too :)

Received mine yesterday, minus all my locking collars, dust boots and lower mounts. Quick call to Apex and they'll be here tomorrow. So weather dependant I'll try to get them fitted on the weekend.

Have also asked them to provide some instructions on fitting the new parts, as I don't want to get them the wrong way round!

Yours came without the mounts too?!

They told me they'd shipped me just the fix kit instead of my stuff back. So we'll wait and see.

I couldn't say really Mark. I mean their near £800 new, given the usage on the front plus brand new rears I wouldn't see you taking too much of a hit on it really!

hopefully I'll have a complete set tomorrow to fit!

The fronts stayed on from day 1, just the rears went back.

Yeah, I just want the instructions to make sure it all goes together right. Now to swap my top mounts off my standard shocks :)

Here's a couple of pics of the new kit before & after building up

2C416161-851D-4C0F-80CB-A70770B63BCA.jpg

E78BAC33-8FBA-45FA-84DC-5158FED1A196.jpg

You can see from the oe mounts why there's less drop available with this fitted

I have the spring tensioned to measure 178mm as per the diagram Apex sent me. Seems to give me a bit more thread on the rear to lower than what you have there, though my cups were only screwed on to 45mm from the bottom of the shock body anyway.

I think I only need about a 20-25mm drop on the rear for it to sit perfectly so should be adequate enough for me :)

They seem pretty good so far. No knocking which is great!

I'm just gonna adjust the height later this week and I'm trying to get a slot in with the garage to set my suspension up.

I've got a set of super pro rear camber bushes too that I planned on chucking in. Though most seem to get away with just natural camber so I'm not totally sure about fitting them.

Yeah, they do seem like a bitch to set up tbh. I didnt know about the whiteline ones when I bought these.

I may as well put them in for now then and set them at 0, if they decide on setup it needs tweaking then we'll have to tweak them :)

Looking around at rear camber options, have come across the Eibach lower arms with eccentric bushes and camber bolts.

Anyone got any experience with these? Tempted to get some instead and run those instead of the super pro bushes.