Deatshwerks Injectors?

Anyone here running Deatschwerks Injectors?

They appear to be direct fit and respected in the US? Are they any good?

Hi Nigel

We use these Injectors in our GT4 GT86 British GT car and have had zero problems with them so far...

How's the build going...??

Hi Nige,

Long time no speak??

The project is on here in the builds section and is coming along great. I wish the weather would warm up so my welding mask would stop fogging up!!

Nigel

IMG]http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/04/9e28a1b098d97d7eeb88988fc7e85c2b.jpg

I'd love to know exactly what effect the injectors have?

Is it worth the £300 investment or do you think they are best reserved for just the higher end builds?

Be great to hear some thoughts on this :)

I'd love to know exactly what effect the injectors have?

Is it worth the £300 investment or do you think they are best reserved for just the higher end builds?

Be great to hear some thoughts on this :)

worthless on N/A, only needed on low compression builds

Guess the next thing I will be looking at are the Crawford power blocks then, as they are quite popular over in the US on N/A builds to help bridge that torque gap!

Fensport have fitted and mapped a set of these. Saw some good gains in the roque dip area but I believe it lost some on the tip end. As every NA tune does when changing dynamics of intake. Increase somewhere downside else where. 

Question is, does it make it a nicer car / drive better? I should think so having more torque. Also worth pointing out it's an negligible gain if you're planning to go FI. Not worth spending the money on them if you plan to go FI in the future. 

I must admit, I'm not getting the appeal of losing power at the top end for more torque (that I don't really need) lower down the scale. 

I agree, I wonder how noticeable it is in the top end. If it's just a bit of air loss that can be seen whilst mapping but not feeling to much then I maybe convinced. 

If it makes it a better car to drive that would be good too. 

I'd possible try them out but going SC anyway and apparently it's not worth doing both..

Fensport have fitted and mapped a set of these. Saw some good gains in the roque dip area but I believe it lost some on the tip end. As every NA tune does when changing dynamics of intake. Increase somewhere downside else where. 

Question is, does it make it a nicer car / drive better? I should think so having more torque. Also worth pointing out it's an negligible gain if you're planning to go FI. Not worth spending the money on them if you plan to go FI in the future. 

Yeah I saw some independent tests done on the FT86 club forums for the power blocks and the dyno showed a solid increase in both torque and power, especially after a tune in the mid range: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62007 

Obviously by lengthening the intake runners you are always going to have a decrease somewhere in the rev range (we can't have it both ways) but the gains are potentially greater with a tune overall than the losses based on their tests. Especially given mid range torque is the bug bear of everyone! 

I plan to stay N/A permanently as it is more appealing to me personally than FI. Now I know N/A tuning is very expensive for this engine, however I would rather take my time and choose my mods carefully, and for the price, the power blocks did seem a rather sensible option.

dyno.jpg

You'd feel the power dropping off after 6.4k. Jay, not worth doing with a SC as you're not relying on the natural harmonics of the manifold to draw air into the engine.

Hmmm that is quite a sizeable drop early on in the top end, has potential there for the engine to feel pretty flat.