Sign in to follow this  
SteveB01

Replacing Wheels

Hi all,

I am new to this modifications stuff.

I was just about to order a nice set of 18 inch x 7.5 Rotas and reading the Subaru manual it says do not change wheels and tyres as it will impact on TRC, VSC and the ABS. Lots of you seem to have changed your wheels, any problems encountered and/or advice please for a novice?

Cheers, Steve

It won't cause any problems with VSC, traction or ABS. That's just not true. If you are going 225/40/18s, I would go for an 8" rim. 

Also look at the offset. Stock is 48. Around 38 or so is better is it will push the wheel more out to the wheel arch. 

As for speedo readings it's simply a matter of working out rolling diameter. A 225/40/18 is about the same a 215/45/17 anyway, nothing to worry about. You'll find your speedo over-reads anyway as they all do. None of this is an issue though as simply check your speedo against GPS to see how far it's out then you know where you're at. 

Hi all,

I am new to this modifications stuff.

I was just about to order a nice set of 18 inch x 7.5 Rotas and reading the Subaru manual it says do not change wheels and tyres as it will impact on TRC, VSC and the ABS. Lots of you seem to have changed your wheels, any problems encountered and/or advice please for a novice?

Cheers, Steve

Hi Steve

Hope all is well.  Some great advice there.  Enjoy your whhels and let us see a photo when you are sorted.