Musketeer

Essex Mini-meet.

Hi Guys.

I'm organising a mini-meet at the Lion Inn in Boreham near Chelmsford, Essex. Everyone's welcome.

The date is 8th Feb 2015.

I'll be there from 11:00 onwards. Time for a chat, some tyre kicking, a drink or two and then some food at lunchtime.smiley41.gif

The Lion Inn, Main Road, Boreham, Chelmsford, Essex, CM3 3JA

After lunch, if the weather's OK, I was thinking of driving over to Saint Peter's-on-the-wall on the Essex coastline, via Hatfield Peveral and Maldon. It's the oldest standing Christian chapel in England. You can't drive right up to it, but there is a car park from which you have to walk for about 10 - 15 minutes to get to it and the coast.

If this link doesn't work, copy and paste.
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Church+of+Saint-Peter-on-the-Wall/@51.73535,0.93992,728m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x47d919010de89559:0x4718f26a3a995260

Bring a warm coat and shoes you can walk in; high heals are a no-no. smiley4.gif

I'm looking forward to seeing some of you there.

Cheers

smiley41.gif

I would've been there in a shot but a bit early for me. Another one mid/late April? I'll come and show the white winged wonder :) I'll be doing as much driving as possible to bed the young one in

I would've been there in a shot but a bit early for me. Another one mid/late April? I'll come and show the white winged wonder :) I'll be doing as much driving as possible to bed the young one in

Have you a Aero?

Mus - I hope to be able to make it... not sure what I'll be driving...

I'm at Oulton Park on 6th and driving back via Fensport on 7th, dropping my car in there for some work to be done. I could be driving their courtesy Yaris..

It's great to hear we're building up a few of us in Essex.... Ztox, sxocpaul, I'm in Ilford, only 45mins up the A12 from Witham.

Spec K

What a shame as I am based in Colchester, but will be away for a family birthday all weekend Upminster way. Any more events that we could organise later on in the month during a weekend? As I would love to meet up with a few other fellow owners in the Colcheser area :) 

lol nikndel are you referring to the EEC lot? I used to go to those meet ups, something to do on a weekend and a good place to see a bunch of nice cars  :) Was wondering the other day if those still happen as I'll probably try and get out to anything in the area once I have the car

Yeah I noticed they held a few at the new Sainsburys in Tollgate Colchester! I do see a few fellow cars around now and again on the road, so did wonder how many of you are on the forum too :)

Yes i think that's them Ztox everybody behaves themselves and meet at Chelmer village its a unwell kept secret i have been there twice most recently with fellow chav Faith but have never been chucked out as the police turn up late

I didn't know people went there tbh, will habe to check it out. I haven't been to any since I sold my R26 which was about a year and a half ago now but the Asda and accompanying shops by Colchester train station was always a common spot, Harlow being another. Quite often it'd finish off with everyone moving on to a 'secret' location which would be revealed on the night.

Just as you said though, I've never seen any trouble at any of them despite what the newspapers used to want you to believe. When I've seen police at Colchester ones they've usually been okay with it, just making sure people don't cause any mischief and on occasions walking around, having a look themselves.

This is going to sound awful but I'm actually looking forward to a few Southend trips if people still go down there  :lol:  :lol:

Well I've washed my car today as it had collected a lot of road dirt when I went down to Christchurch last week. The Borg's almost hit the magic 1,000 mile mark so will soon be revving the nuts off it.

I look forward to seeing you guys tomorrow.

Cheers

B)