Musketeer

Essex Mini-meet.

Hi Guys.

Yesterday we had our Essex Mini Meet, held at the Lion Inn in Boreham and at Bradwell on Sea. 12 people turned up in an assortment of vehicles, including a blue BRZ and a silver Yariz (Keith's excuse is that his car is at Fensport having uprated internals fitted to his pride and joy. I think he liked the go carts so much, he's sold it and downsized to the Yariz :P ). After basking in the sunshine, chatting and inspecting mods and stuff, we went indoors and had a couple of drinks. We made full use of the comfy chairs and sofas supplied by the Inn for us to sleep in. At about 12:30, we lost Keith who had to return home and the rest of us sat down to lunch. Chicken Liver Paté, Hand made burgers and frites, Pork belly with mash, veges and a Cider sauce, and other stuff were consumed. All very good food. After lunch, about 3pm, we lost Carla (Tank Girl) and then made our way to Saint Peter's on the Wall. The route took us from Boreham to Hatfield Peveral, Maldon, Latchingdon, Mayland and then Bradwell on Sea. The last couple of hundred meatres were covered on foot and then, after performing the sacrifice of a virgin on the alter ;) (Chris volunteered for that), we wandered an extra 200 metres to the edge of the marshes where we could see across the Blackwater estury towards Mersey island, Harwich and Felixtow and out to the North Sea. Again, we chatted about cars, midwifery, women with pink boots and dogs in pink coats (yes, she and they passed through us twice) and the location of Southend on Sea.

At about 5pm, just before dusk, it started getting a bit chilly so we sauntered back to the cars where Chris (I think) showed us his car's UFO disguise. Lots of lights under the car that change colour with the shake of a remote control. The local taxi driver, who was passing buy looking for custom, admitted he preferred the 'yellow' one, to the calls of the others saying 'Don't let him hear that! His head's big enough as it is!!'. I measured my head when I got home and it was it's usual normal size, so not sure what that was all about. ;)

We then parted company and made our SatNaved way home (apart from me and Nick. We are locals), some via the nearest Shell garage. Hope everyone made it.

I belive a good time was had by all. Thanks to all of you who turned up and 'see you next time' to those of you who missed it.

Now I have to figure out how to get my photos loaded into this site.

Cheers

Yep, a good meet... a few from the 'dark side' turned up but, hey, we can hack it... a bit of holy water helps...

Well done Musketeer  for organising it (was this an ego trip to bask in admiring looks at his yellow peril?). Sorry I had to shoot off.... err, well more like saunter off but at least the Yaris I was in has won a TSS round.. you don't just get any courtesy car from Fensport!

I still fancy the idea of doing a treasure hunt around the Essex/Herts/Suffolk area....

Spec K