Mike

Learner driver question!

Remember that 60mph on the speedo is only around 52mph in reality

I always cruise between 55 and 60 in average speed zones

50mph is 54mph on speedo, 52 is 56.8mph(ish) in my car. Though it is very dependant on wheel diameter of course and also the car itself.

Saying that the majority of cameras do not clock you until you do x amount over the limit. A general rule of thumb seems to be 10% +2 or so a copper told me once. 

Trucks from I think 7.5 tonnes upward are fitted with speed limiters by law if some pass you over 55 at a rate of knots there is a bit of skulduggery going on

Law has changed recently regarding trucks. They are now limited to 60 mph.

I drive a 7.5 DAF and believe me 60mph in ones of those is fast enough, especially when it's windy!

Law has changed recently regarding trucks. They are now limited to 60 mph.

I drive a 7.5 DAF and believe me 60mph in ones of those is fast enough, especially when it's windy!

So you must drive a LF then

I passed my test in the UK, but my first experience of being in a car on my own, was driving back to my flat in the Naples suburbs from the airport, onto the motorway during rush hour in a left hand drive car. My fingers cracked when I finally managed to prize them off the steering wheel, and my hair lightened by several shades. Coming back to driving in the UK after that seemed like a breeze.  :)