Foulsmell

Hi from soon to be GT86 owner.

Hi All,

Just joined the forum and having a good ole read. Already spent thousands of virtual pounds in my head on a car I haven't even got yet.

Should be collecting my white 86 in a couple of weeks. Currently driving a modded 245hp NA FN2 civic which goes but fancy going back to rear wheel drive.

After getting used to the car I fancy going for a Milltek full exhaust and a remap, probably at Fensport.

Does anyone have any dyno charts they could post. Would like to see the mid range gains as peak figures don't realy matter on a day to day basis.

Many thanks

Gary

post-687-0-68888600-1414437209_thumb.jpg

Welcome. Good to see another Honda head. What dynos are you after? You'll find loads over on ft86club.com for all matter of configurations. The FA20 is more mid torque based than the K20. Where are you based?

Welcome. Good to see another Honda head. What dynos are you after? You'll find loads over on ft86club.com for all matter of configurations. The FA20 is more mid torque based than the K20. Where are you based?

Cheers bud. I'll take a look. I'm in St. Helens.

Welcome, you're going to bang me on the head but I have a milltek exhaust & remap but I didn't actually get it dyno'd before fitting my supercharger so alas i'm of little help to you :(

Welcome, you're going to bang me on the head but I have a milltek exhaust & remap but I didn't actually get it dyno'd before fitting my supercharger so alas i'm of little help to you :(

Oh no! Never mind.

Congrats and welcome to the club!  Best of luck with the wait, hopefully the virtual shopping list will keep you sane while you wait for your car to arrive!  And awesome Type R dude!  Always wanted to own one as I love both the exterior and definitely the interior of those FN2's, definitely one of the most interesting interiors out there.

As for Dyno results, I have a full Cobra system with the 2nd CAT removed and a remap from Fensport if that helps:

1404900_10152239889372018_318642173_o.jp

The before and after runs both have a new drop in HKS air filter which we've seen someone gain 6bhp during a dyno day where they ran completely stock, then dropped one of these in and we saw the gains straight away, not back for £30.

Congrats and welcome to the club! Best of luck with the wait, hopefully the virtual shopping list will keep you sane while you wait for your car to arrive! And awesome Type R dude! Always wanted to own one as I love both the exterior and definitely the interior of those FN2's, definitely one of the most interesting interiors out there.

As for Dyno results, I have a full Cobra system with the 2nd CAT removed and a remap from Fensport if that helps:

1404900_10152239889372018_318642173_o.jp

The before and after runs both have a new drop in HKS air filter which we've seen someone gain 6bhp during a dyno day where they ran completely stock, then dropped one of these in and we saw the gains straight away, not back for £30.

That's great mate. Thank you. Got some great gains there especially in the midrange. Right where it counts.

I take it the Milltek would produce similar results?

Good choice!

I'm a new owner too as had mine only a month but I can tell you you'll love it..

Look forward to seeing you at track days next year?

John

Almost certainly! Oulton Park is not too far from me.

If you're near Oulton you can't be far from me (I live very close to Manchester Airport), there are a few meets in the NW, you should come along to those. :)

Might even get a drive out to the EVO Triangle again. 

If you're near Oulton you can't be far from me (I live very close to Manchester Airport), there are a few meets in the NW, you should come along to those. :)

Might even get a drive out to the EVO Triangle again.

I live in St. Helens so not too far.

Ah cool, they're from Japex, yeah, they're pretty quick with delivery, ordered a big bulk of BRZ side fenders and they came within a couple of days! Let us know how you get on with that when you finally get the car and fit it, Summit have release one that replaces one of the front strut brace brackets but they're twice the price and you have a spare bracket laying around afterwards :(