Captain Duff

What a lucky dipstick!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-29728087

Have to say, I find slow drivers a real hazard on motorways and particularly on slip roads. Only the other week I got stuck behind a muppet like that one on a sliproad who seemed to think that going at 40mph with nothing in front of him and when about to join a busy motorway was perfectly fine. I was starting to panic in terms of not being able to get to the speed of the lorries to slip in the gaps but luckily one of them saw what was happening and braked to allow us in, but you get this sort of stuff more and more these days and often you find you can't avoid the snails whatever you do.

If I find myself behind someone going way below the speed limit when there's no traffic I just back off completely now. Most of the time it's someone rather old and clearly not confident at driving over 30mph. 

Bloody idiots, one of my uni lecturers put acceleration into a great explanation for why we need greater acceleration in vehicles and that's to get out of trouble quicker. You speed up as to not cause anyone any troubles around you, especially on motorways. I can't stand slow drivers, just stick to the bloody speed limit and I'll be happy and don't take a day and an age to get to that limit, you don't have to speed, just bloody do the speed limit. Nothing grinds my gears more than people who do 40 in a 50 or 60 but then continue doing 40 in a 30

Todays BBC online news.... video of a truck driver 'collecting' a slow car entering onto the motorway, filmed from nearside Gopro facing forward..

.... truck driver found blameless...

......laugh? I nearly bought my own beer.....

Spec K

It is a problem and something I hate, when people think it's okay to enter a motorway at 40mph and because you're behind them it feels dangerous. I have at times used the hard shoulder. 

But when will people realise that it's so much easier to slow down than to speed up when entering a motorway and that's the better approach. 

I tend to cruise along at 55-60mph behind the trucks for the most part when I'm on the motorway. I tend to use cruise control and the amount of times I have to adjust my speed for cars entering the motorway is pretty common. The point is, I'm going at a constant speed and already on the motorway so it should not have to be me who makes the adjustments.