griffinnn

PS4 anyone?

Anyone got a PS4? I've been playing Destiny a lot recently and looking for some peeps to play with. If anyone has it give me an add griffinGT86 :)

Add me even if u dont have destiny! I've only got a few mates with playstations!

Lol, I've been playing A LOT of destiny since release. I've been away all week training some guys up in Durham this week and I even took my PS4 with me. Luckily had a projector with me, a relatively large blank wall and just about got the WiFi signal....though had to put the PS4 on a chair near the door with cables trailing over to the bed where the projector was :P

Lol, I've been playing A LOT of destiny since release. I've been away all week training some guys up in Durham this week and I even took my PS4 with me. Luckily had a projector with me, a relatively large blank wall and just about got the WiFi signal....though had to put the PS4 on a chair near the door with cables trailing over to the bed where the projector was :P

Add me dude i'm looking for some help with the vault of glass raid :)

Lol whaaaaaat, what do you mean by "designer gamer"? It's an awesome game! If you've ever played any of the Halo games or even the Borderlands games, you'll love this game. It is a perfect combo of the two. First person shooter mixed with RPG leveling, equipment and looting elements for both PvP and PvE lovers.

I played through Oblivion and loved it, got part way through Fallout and not managed to get back into it and sadly not touched Skyrim at all yet :( The problem I have with Bethesda games is that it's quite daunting how massive the game is. Sometimes it feels like I spend hours achieving very little.

It's overhyped, nothing special about it really. It's designed for the "designer gamer" :P

Whatevz man! It's a great game! Exactly what keethos said, borderlands mixed with halo. I loved both those series of games and i really like this too!

Whilst we're off topic, i'm also considering Shadow of Mordor - Anyone tried that yet?

Shadow of mordor looks decent but don't think i'll be picking it up any time soon. Considered Diablo 3 too but didn't bother.

Still waiting for Driveclub after the oh so predictable second delay (PSN version)

A designer gamer... It's those people that go for aesthetics over a games actual quality. Games that cater for these people are things like destiny, titanfall and also shafow of mordor. Which, its a shame they made it a basher. A game which takes no real concentration to play is a bit meh.

Dont get me wrong, they will be fun games, but you tend to get bored of them.

Fps games are also a genre of games which just do not work on console.

But i'm more of a competitive player. I've always played games competitively for over 10 years now.. Designer games never make it competitively. I'm specifically talking about multiplayer here. Obviously skyrim wont work :P

If we're talking single player games i'm basing games on their story. If something doesn't have a compelling story it's honestly not worth playing unless we're talking about platformers which are a completely different ballgame.

-Half Life 1,2 etc good story and puzzling elements within it. As one of the first FPS games to include puzzles within and FPS it was definitely a great time of it's era. The Source engine worked so well it's still being used from HL2 and was used as the engine for CS:GO.

-Skyrim (Superb story well thought out)

-Witcher 2 (I played this until I got stuck, well designed, good puzzling elements in areas. I have patience but not with this one :P)

-Deus EX (Good shooter, has some interesting mechanics)

-Outlast (This is a survival horror, if you like scary games.. play this, it's a great game with a good story, I'm not a fan of survival horrorw, but it was on sale. It was such a good story I brought the DLC as it was left on a cliffhanger!)

-Bioshock Infinite (Not afraid to say this has an emotional ending and is one of my favourite FPS' to date with some interesting mechanics you won't find in any other game, it's likely you've played this though?)

Multiplayer wise, these are based on the meta of the game and how well it translates in to a competitive platform. I can only comment on games I have played competitively obviously so they are below. Mechanics have a great deal to do with how a game translates in to a competitive game in my opinion and it's why games such as the Battlefield franchise above BF2 and any COD game above COD4 simply haven't made it competitively. Why is it Valve can create an FPS that was competitive for 13+ years yet the likes of BF and COD can't do that? Because they port and money grab. 

EA had a choice during the production of BF3 and they made the wrong wrong and undermined DICE's capability, Activision, well they release a new cod every 6 months it seems and they all look the same. I'm surprised people still buy them!

-MOHAA

-CSS

-DOTA1&2

-SC2

The above is of course just opinion, you're welcome to yours :)

If we're talking single player games i'm basing games on their story. If something doesn't have a compelling story it's honestly not worth playing unless we're talking about platformers which are a completely different ballgame.

-Half Life 1,2 etc good story and puzzling elements within it. As one of the first FPS games to include puzzles within and FPS it was definitely a great time of it's era. The Source engine worked so well it's still being used from HL2 and was used as the engine for CS:GO.

-Skyrim (Superb story well thought out)

-Witcher 2 (I played this until I got stuck, well designed, good puzzling elements in areas. I have patience but not with this one :P)

-Deus EX (Good shooter, has some interesting mechanics)

-Outlast (This is a survival horror, if you like scary games.. play this, it's a great game with a good story, I'm not a fan of survival horrorw, but it was on sale. It was such a good story I brought the DLC as it was left on a cliffhanger!)

-Bioshock Infinite (Not afraid to say this has an emotional ending and is one of my favourite FPS' to date with some interesting mechanics you won't find in any other game, it's likely you've played this though?)

Multiplayer wise, these are based on the meta of the game and how well it translates in to a competitive platform. I can only comment on games I have played competitively obviously so they are below. Mechanics have a great deal to do with how a game translates in to a competitive game in my opinion and it's why games such as the Battlefield franchise above BF2 and any COD game above COD4 simply haven't made it competitively. Why is it Valve can create an FPS that was competitive for 13+ years yet the likes of BF and COD can't do that? Because they port and money grab. 

EA had a choice during the production of BF3 and they made the wrong wrong and undermined DICE's capability, Activision, well they release a new cod every 6 months it seems and they all look the same. I'm surprised people still buy them!

-MOHAA

-CSS

-DOTA1&2

-SC2

The above is of course just opinion, you're welcome to yours :)

Ah a PC elitist, you were hiding it well! I do have a gaming PC just btw so lets not turn this into a PC vs console debate lol.

I also played competitively (pretty hardcore) for around 6-7 years for teams like Reason, Infused and Dignitas on Xbox so please sir i'm no 'designer gamer'. I like what i like! I'm not going to call you a 'gigantic nerd' because u play DOTA and SC so dont call me a designer gamer! :P

Should also say that this was for various different games, Halo, Ghost Recon, Rainbow 6, Gears of War, Call of Duty.

Oh...number 3 on global leaderboard for UT3 duel. #justsayin

I wouldn't say i'm a PC elitist. I had a 360, I just opted not to get a Next gen console as I don't have the time for them. I do have a Wii U, but most the time it sits gathering dust.. Consoles are great, but in my opinion for certain genres only. If you played for top teams then it must of been for something like FIFA, iirc they never had a COD4 Team on console. Playing a console doesn't make you a designer gamer, i'm merely stating what is fact, there are many games out there brought out on console, rushed to look fancy and they quite frankly lack any depth.

I actually don't play too much competitively at the moment, only Hearthstone, but it's just a CG, it still takes some form of brain though but it's more like poker than anything else. 

I do not care for being called a nerd, i'm proud ;)

Horses for courses! I have a PS4 and a PC. Not got Destiny, played the Alpha and it was meh. Like a watered down borderlands crossed with Halo but the AI from Halo too, which doesn't work in the wider areas of Destiny. I agree with Rob that FPSs are generally better on PC. Anyway, my PS4 username is FullSpecWarrior if the OP wants to add me.

I'll probably get Project CARS on PS4 so I can play it on the big screen.

I've just got round to getting a PS4 and FIFA 15 to tie me over until Project Cars comes out or possibly GTA V even though I played it on PS3...

I can't really justify a gaming PC anymore due to costs and how often you'd need to upgrade it. My current PC is 4 and half years old and only thing I've done with it is a bigger SSD in it.

I'm such an oldie that my peak of hardcore competitive gaming ended in the era of multi player Quake where i perfected the art of rocket jumps! lol

Then consoles became popular and FPS were ported over to them, i never quite managed to translate my skills from mouse/keyboard to a gaming pad - just wasn't fast enough for me - nothing beats spinning your mouse to rotate quick enough.

I'll give Bioshock Infinite a try - sounds like my kinda game - Cheers Rob :)

I wouldn't say i'm a PC elitist. I had a 360, I just opted not to get a Next gen console as I don't have the time for them. I do have a Wii U, but most the time it sits gathering dust.. Consoles are great, but in my opinion for certain genres only. If you played for top teams then it must of been for something like FIFA, iirc they never had a COD4 Team on console. Playing a console doesn't make you a designer gamer, i'm merely stating what is fact, there are many games out there brought out on console, rushed to look fancy and they quite frankly lack any depth.

I actually don't play too much competitively at the moment, only Hearthstone, but it's just a CG, it still takes some form of brain though but it's more like poker than anything else. 

I do not care for being called a nerd, i'm proud ;)

You were stating your opinion at first but now they're facts! Facts usually have something to substantiate them, is there a list i can refer to of 'designer games?' ;)

I wasn't a fifa player but i can assure you i had contracts with all of the afore mentioned (i'm not just gum flapping). I was also however roughly 5 stone heavier than i am now (no exaggeration) so it's really bitter sweet. A bit of a dark time in my life if i'm honest!

No competitive gaming at all for me any more, it's not worth the stress!

I'm such an oldie that my peak of hardcore competitive gaming ended in the era of multi player Quake where i perfected the art of rocket jumps! lol

Then consoles became popular and FPS were ported over to them, i never quite managed to translate my skills from mouse/keyboard to a gaming pad - just wasn't fast enough for me - nothing beats spinning your mouse to rotate quick enough.

I'll give Bioshock Infinite a try - sounds like my kinda game - Cheers Rob :)

It's not possible, you just simply cannot aim using a noobstick