Subota Boy

Posing with a Vulcan bomber

Being a big fan of the Vulcan, we popped in to see XM655 on our way to Gaydon, as it lives only a few miles away.  Being a member of the association, we were able to enter the pan for some photos.  However, they often have Saturday visits from car clubs.  You get a tour of the cockpit and group photo opportunities.  Maybe I could organise something for the future?

Google Xm655 for more information.

Picture002dairbrush_zps0d362e13.jpg

Picture013clighter_zps2b1079be.jpg

Picture016bbandw_zps05f041de.jpg

Picture072beraser2_zpsab3f7dce.jpg

Picture105bcrop_zpsc49d2730.jpg

Picture107benhancesharp_zpse1f92ed0.jpg

Keith has a Subaru for family duties. Julia has a Toyota for work. And now we have a black manual Subota GT with mods just for fun.
back_to_top.png

I grew up with the XH558 (the last flyable Vulcan)  It was rebuilt and restored at Bruntingthorpe airfield. I lived less than a mile from the airfield so always got to see and hear the Vulcan whenever it was tested on the airfield. I helped fund raise to keep it in the air for years, Ive been in it as its taxied down the runway, it was sad to see it finally leave Bruntingthorpe. Very special place for the Vulcan in my heart.

I was an usher at my friends wedding in Norfolk a couple of weeks ago and the Vulcan did a few fly bys, not sure what air show she was at.

Got a few pics the other week down the airfield:

14ybmok.jpg

91mjhw.jpg

I used to watch the Vulcans fly over Chelmsford in formation with Jaguars, Tornadoes, Gnats, you name it, for the Queen's birthday every year. The planes would (and still do) follow the A12 down to London for the fly-by. It was always an impressive sight and loud with it.