Captain Duff

What Car 2015 Ford Mustang review

Looking forward to test driving one of these when they finally arrive, and the pricing sounds good, but I'm expecting that it will probably feel way too big and heavy after the great nimble lightness of the 86!

http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/ford/mustang/2015-ford-mustang-review/1313913?utm_medium=EMAIL&utm_campaign=Enews%20Bulletins&utm_content=article1_readmore&utm_source=20140924

I'm not seeing the appeal. This might be the best handling Mustang ever, but all the previous ones have been dire. 

A 2.3 four pot turbo just sounds wrong. 

I agree it sounds wrong, but the figures do look very impressive (on paper at least): 

Power - 306 bhp

Torque - 320lb ft

0-60mph - 5.4 sec (est)

But how much does it weigh?

By the sounds of the review even Autocar don't like it.  I really think you'll be way more impressed with a BMW and you won't have to put up with a crappy American interior and build quality. 

Based on our experience though, we'd struggle to recommend this car over its European rivals, or indeed fast hot hatches such as the BMW M135i and Audi S3 - which weigh less, handle better, and are faster.

- See more at: http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/ford/mustang/2015-ford-mustang-review/1313913?utm_medium=EMAIL&utm_campaign=Enews%20Bulletins&utm_content=article1_readmore&utm_source=20140924#sthash.8pNNqIHu.dpuf 

Top gear first drive:

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/new-ford-mustang-first-drive-car-review-top-gear-2014-09-17

and I quote

"Give me more of an idea here. Would the EcoBoost Stang give a GT86 a run for its money?"

It wouldn't just give it a run, it would smash its face in. The new Stang has a stack more grip, more power, more torque and is an altogether bigger, faster car.

Apparently these are going to be the heaviest of all the stangs. The 2.3 is only so ford can iron out the bugs for when they release the Focus RS with the same engine, they're still doing a V8 version for europe.

Top gear first drive:

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/new-ford-mustang-first-drive-car-review-top-gear-2014-09-17

and I quote

"Give me more of an idea here. Would the EcoBoost Stang give a GT86 a run for its money?"

It wouldn't just give it a run, it would smash its face in. The new Stang has a stack more grip, more power, more torque and is an altogether bigger, faster car.

That's only really any good if you want a bigger, faster car though. More grip, more power does not necessarily make it a better car. BMW M235i is surely going to be better in every way, if you must have over 300bhp?

I had no idea people took notice of what TG every says. ;)

If I was making my choice of car next year instead of last year I would have seriosuly considered one (and yes, the ecoboost one), but I love my GT86 too much to consider getting one now. Will still go for a test drive though  :)

Sounds like a real drivers car ! Hairy arsed SLJ's only I think

"Another area that disappoints is the electronic power steering. The Mustang comes with four different driving modes – Normal, Sport +, Track and Wet/Snow – and three different steering settings. In Comfort it's fingertip light, but devoid of any feel and inconsistently weighted, while Sport adds some much needed resistance, it offers very little information back through the rim about what the front tyres are up to, so you are often forced to make mid-corner adjustments to try and feel how much grip is available. - See more at: http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/ford/mustang/2015-ford-mustang-review/1313913?utm_medium=EMAIL&utm_campaign=Enews%20Bulletins&utm_content=article1_readmore&utm_source=20140924#sthash.8pNNqIHu.XINYnoOo.dpuf"

Having been the proud owner of a brand new 2008 Grabber Orange Mustang GT I feel I can comment here....

I dont think the looks of the car can really be argued, it is after all an opinion, I think all the post 2004 Stangs look great!! I added uprated coil over suspension to my Mustang and it still felt like driving a kingsize bed compared to the MX-5 2.0 Sport I had at the time. If you love the driving position and general "connected" feeling you have in your '86, you wont like the Mustang at all.

I personally feel the Mustang without a V8 is just a farce. Please Ford, call it a Capri, or Cougar, not a Mustang. The 5.0 V8 they use in the states is an awesome engine.

I may well buy one as a daily driver, but only if ford have dialled out the Big Car feeling. My 2008 really did handle quite well, but it felt Big and heavy.