Zimmer

New blue GT86

Hi just thought I'd say hello, I've just bought a new blue GT86 which I'm running in trying to keep below 4000 rpm as per the handbook. Having fun doing that and using gears again after a 10 year break with an auto Not regretting getting the MT at the moment and as I do a lot less heavy traffic than in the past I think I made the right choice.

Cheers Brian

No plans to do anything at the moment but I might fancy a track day suitable for beginners at some time in the future

We will be looking at another Novice track day early in the new year so stick around :) Free tuition etc.

Personally I've spent my limited money on driving the car and trying to get better just using it how it is than spending money on changing it

My upgrades have been

• a K&N air filter (got for free from Rich)
  • Red painted calipers (engine enamel £8 from Halfrauds)
  • EBC yellow stuff pads front (£70) and rear (£50) and a rear set of poverty spec disks (£55) after eating the OEM ones at Oulton Park 
  • a white line gear shift bottom mount (about £35)
  • bonnet struts (from Tarmac Sportz, can't remember how much)
  • and the ultimate performance mod the Grimmspeed 86 logo oil filler cap  :P (about £70 quid when we bought 10 at once)

I have also spent about £300 quid twice on winter wheels and tyres, first set on used Scoobie Imprezza 16" Alloys (but they are just about shot now did Winter 2012 and 2013, probably did about 12k on them including a track training day at Blyton) then I bought Pitmans off him

Alec

No plans to do anything at the moment but I might fancy a track day suitable for beginners at some time in the future

Good on yer!

As Rob has intimated there could (should) be a decent chance to safely try your (best colour) beauty in the New Year..

Spec K