adamj29

Hello from the North West!

Hey Guys!! 

Been wanting a GT86 for a long time, and finally I picked up 'the beast' 3 weeks ago. Pearl white, JBL Speaker and Half Leather Seats.

I just wanted to say Hi really, I'm up near Chester / Wrexham way.

There is a lot of good advise and information on here and I already have a big list of mods I want to carry out, unfortunately my budget is sore at the moment.

Hopefully a cobra exhaust resonated (from everyone's opinion including Marks the non-res are too loud), lowered springs, shark fin, and possibly a TRD spoiler.

And if I somehow get a pay increase a Sprintex SC would go down just nice, but I wouldn't bet on it. More like a pipe dream probably.

post-563-0-14609300-1407941392_thumb.jpg

Hopefully catch some of you guys around soon :)

Hi Adam,

Welcome to the club, and also glad you picked the correct colour. It's quicker than the others ;)

yes the non-res is ear piercingly loud and you would struggle on noise tests with it. Despite the budget being sore, the good thing is you haven't got to get it all in one go, and there seems to be more and more 2nd hand bits popping up these days.

Congrats and Welcome to the club Adam.

Think you've made a good choice colour wise and exhaust wise!  If you are wanting to go on track with the car at all or are considerate of others around you then steer clear of the non-res, I got 108dbs at Snetterton which already allows a rather generous noise level of 105dbs.....luckily I was let on due to the poor weather conditions, that and I was setting off car alarms and what not when starting the car etc.  But it did sound awesome and to be fair, the resonated version still sounds good too....just not as loud.....but I'm told people can still hear me coming :P

Hi Adam, welcome aboard from another member in the NW. 

I'd say look at a Milltek, instead of a Cobra and get RRG Macc to fit it. There have been some problems with noise levels of Cobras. 

Hopefully we'll get another NW meet soon, if it's any help it looks I'll be at Tatton Park for the car show this Saturday, if you want to pop over, let me know. 

Hi Adam, welcome aboard from another member in the NW. 

I'd say look at a Milltek, instead of a Cobra and get RRG Macc to fit it. There have been some problems with noise levels of Cobras. 

Hopefully we'll get another NW meet soon, if it's any help it looks I'll be at Tatton Park for the car show this Saturday, if you want to pop over, let me know. 

Well I wouldn't be recommending a Milltek seeing as they have quality issues. Admittedly not major as it gets replaced but they've done nothing to stop them cracking again have they? 

I'd say if you don't have one fitted, don't fit it. 

Choices, choices. Cobra don't seem to want to admit they can't produce an exhaust of a known decibel rating. Milltek have problems with the rear pipe cracking, but replace it under warranty with no issue. Surely Milltek will revise their design in time? Or it will cost them with replacements. 

FWIW my Milltek went 40K miles till it cracked. 

Welcome I too am fairly new on here together with my petrol head OH lol, the modding bit just won't go away. Done some bits already and exhaust shojld be here for me to fit at the weekend.

Hope you have many enjoyable miles I your 86.

Welcome I too am fairly new on here together with my petrol head OH lol, the modding bit just won't go away. Done some bits already and exhaust shojld be here for me to fit at the weekend.

Hope you have many enjoyable miles I your 86.

Hello too from the petrol head OH! :)

Thanks all, Lauren I was thinking of going to the show at Tatton Park actually but not sure If I can make it this weekend. A NW meet sounds like a plan! I do like the aggressive tone from the Cobra, but my opinions are all based on youtube videos which is not ideal. A friend has mentioned that Quicksilver do an exhaust:

http://www.quicksilverexhausts.com/Toyota-GT86-and-Subaru-BRZ---Sport-Exhaust-System-(2012-on)-_TOYOTA_816_productbulletin.htm

But again I'm probably throwing another spanner into the works.

I think its the Cobra res for me, I do like a loud exhaust but maybe not to the extent of setting car alarms off haha. I need to take the car first into my local dealer for a service, and to check on a loud ticking noise that the car makes when warming up, it doesn't sound right...hmmm

I've wanted a white car for a while Rob, I had a white van but it just didn't have the same effect as a car :P I will take my time with the modding, which is very difficult as I am incredibly impulsive and wreckless when it comes to spending money on cars. Kevin enjoy the exhaust, which one did you go for?

Keethos, what wheels do you have? They look mighty fine!!

Welcome to the club, another from the Chester area here with a white one :D

Would definitely be up for a meet sometime :)

Exhaust wise just go custom :P Mine worked out less than an off the shelf item and sounds exactly how I want it to :D

LOL, sadly Adam, they are wheels that I have been meaning to get all year but just when I was about to order them, they were out of stock....which was a good thing in the end as shortly after I binned it into a tyre wall....so glad I didn't have them at the time.  But they are Rota Grid Drifts 18" x 8.5 but I'm planning on customising them as shown here:

999883_10151928798237018_1557155279_n.jp

I want to stick on the clubs logo vinyls on the spokes, and here another mock up on what I'm ultimately trying to achieve roughly:

1146141_10151922674792018_1580476801_o.j

THEY WILL BE MINE ONE DAY!!!

I'll be up in Macclesfield on the 12th September so if you are around, you can checkout my exhaust to make sure you like the sound of them, I've got the 2nd CAT removed and slightly different tips (which I swear changes the sound slightly to others I've heard).  I love the sound of them, did originally like the Milltek and was very close to getting it but changed my mind after hearing it at full chat, low down it has a nice deep burble but at full chat, it got a little tinny and too raspy where as mine has also has a low down burble and stays relatively deep/burbly but at a higher note as the revs build.....love it!

I like the black roof idea Keith! It splits up the white nicely and the custom rim paint job! I would defiantly like to hear your exhaust before buying as you can never truly tell what it is will sound like based on a Youtube video. I'm off to Scotland on the 9th Sept with the wife but should be heading back on the 12th Sept down to Chester so that may well work out perfect as Macc is on the way back. Cheers :)

Japan must of been amazing! Not jealous at all :P Yea exploded in amazement and now confusion as there are so many ideas in my head! Those Work Equip 03 alloys are gorgeous. There is a guy across from me who makes custom aluminium exhausts so may have a quick chat with him now.

Cheers for all the help and inspiration everyone, muchas gracias

Wheyy, sounds good :D Well it's about a 5 hr drive so may not be there until mid afternoon. I'll check with the 'boss' and keep you updated.

The only problem is I might not be in the GT86 as we are traveling in the Diesel A4, MPG and all that. I'll see how skint I am haha.

Hey Guys!! 

Been wanting a GT86 for a long time, and finally I picked up 'the beast' 3 weeks ago. Pearl white, JBL Speaker and Half Leather Seats.

I just wanted to say Hi really, I'm up near Chester / Wrexham way.

Well Adam, if you are a Blue then you'll potentially spot my red at the Deva on match days. If you're a Goat you can sod off of course  ;)

Awesome sauce, this might turn into a nice little meet! I'll post up a separate thread. We'll have a nice selection of exhausts for Adam to checkout!

I'm back from Scotland on Thursday now, so can meet up anytime on the Friday 12th, just let me know :)

Awesome stuff, I've posted up a separate thread about his mini meet in the social section (Click Here), I'll be at RRG for about 11am, I'm assuming the service and what not will be an hour or two so feel free to pop on over around then and we can go for a cruise as there are some really nice roads around that area!