adam

warrenty

As the guys I saw down at Beaulieu simply japanese meet a few weeks back my rear lights had both heavily condensate common fault I know however I have encountered some other issues that are currently being investigated by toyota such as the headunit freezing and refusing to do anything, also I have an issue with my gearbox/clutch that apparently seem to only be an issue on the 14 plate models according to my dealership anybody know anything regarding these issues or had a similar experience

What is the issue with your gearbox/clutch exactly?  I know a fair few people have complained about either really notchy gear changes or in my case, vibrating/buzzing noise when at high revs.  Plus my headunit seems to be playing silly buggers at the moment too, doesn't free but does reboot itself especially after a phone call through the bluetooth :(

Well putting the car in to first gear the car makes a loud bang and starts rolling forwards they are currently bleeding the clutch to see if that sorts it however I believe it to be the synco in the gearbox also its is incredibly hard to get the car in too second gear as it's grinds or crunches with the clutch fully depressed when moving and not moving

I was surprised to hear (and see) the issues you had were so bad, considering it's a 14 plate car, would perhaps expect it on an original 12 plate but by now they should have sorted the issues. Don't let them fob you off with anything, its a brand new car, it should be perfect.

Yt they try ed to tell me the fault with the gearbox was how it should as it's the same as the demo car so I gave them the keys and said well I want my money back in that case as I know it shouldn't be at first they refused to carry out any warrenty work

Yt they try ed to tell me the fault with the gearbox was how it should as it's the same as the demo car so I gave them the keys and said well I want my money back in that case as I know it shouldn't be at first they refused to carry out any warrenty work

PM Incoming.

You dealing with Motorline TW? I find them a funny bunch, depends on who you speak too. I suppose it helps that I know a number of guys in the workshop there...

The 2nd gear issue is well known and will go in time, tends to be an issue only when cold. Yours does sound clutch related though as it sounds like it's not fully disengaging, hence the bang and it rolling forward.

Yea I think it depends on who I speak to as most of them think they can get away with mucking me about as a youngun I think they think I'm easy to push around

I had issues with my gearbox and head unit, my car was booked in for warranty work 11 times in total.

Gearbox: good luck getting this fixed, some dealers know how to adjust it, oil etc... others will ignore you. Toyota GB is well aware there are some gearboxes which are awful and others which work fine, but apparently it's "within specification". Keep moaning about it if you're not happy. If the dealer says there's nothing they can do then escalate it above them.

Head unit: mine has had 3 software updates and a complete replacement... then another software update again when the issue continued. The latest version I have on my system is 2.8.5L for touch+go, ask dealer for the software update and if there's still issues insist on a replacement. I have videos of mine locking up if they are needed.

These issues aren't just on 14 plate cars, it's just dealers which sell a product that they can't be arsed to support so try to fob you off.

I might be an odd one but all of my issues appeared As soon as I drove out the showroom steeps that would be very useful as this is seeming like it's going to go back and forwards for a while do you have the sheet with work carried out still or just the videos

Mine was notchy all the time, when adjusted the notchiness disappeared after the car warmed up (8 miles) but I was unable to physically select 2nd at all for the first 3 miles of any cold trip (with video evidence showing this). As they loaned me another GT86 with what I thought was a suitable gearbox they offered to swap the boxes over as they were refusing to install a new one. My old gearbox got worse with age, done 4k on the replacement one without any issues at all.

I can try and find all my work sheets to scan.

As the guys I saw down at Beaulieu simply japanese meet a few weeks back my rear lights had both heavily condensate common fault I know however I have encountered some other issues that are currently being investigated by toyota such as the headunit freezing and refusing to do anything, also I have an issue with my gearbox/clutch that apparently seem to only be an issue on the 14 plate models according to my dealership anybody know anything regarding these issues or had a similar experience

lights are a worldwide problem don't let them tell you they have never had this happen my dealer did but when they saw my fishponds they did replace them but took over 3 months to get them although easy to remove I cleared mine myself until the new ones arrived but show them lights in their present state I did see yours at Beaulieu

lights are a worldwide problem don't let them tell you they have never had this happen my dealer did but when they saw my fishponds they did replace them but took over 3 months to get them although easy to remove I cleared mine myself until the new ones arrived but show them lights in their present state I did see yours at Beaulieu

If Adam's using my dealership they have already replaced a set of lights, mine ;) And they arrived within a few days.

Adam, if you find out who you spoke to I can see if I can help as one of my mates is one of the senior technicians there.

I think I am dealing with Adrian at the moment he seams a really nice guy compared to the warrenty woman there who is a massive pain in the arse I was also informed late this afternoon that the rear lights have been done they also found a problem with the fuel pump (not pumping enough so is stalling the car) is in the process of being changed headunit and gearbox / clutch is the only problems left to sort now

i have a 14 plate car,   the gearbox is fine when driving, however i know what you mean about putting it into first, 

I wouldnt call it a bang more a clunk as in the gears dont line straight up away

HU an rear lights are ok so far tho 

Yea I know what you mean as I drove there demo car that has the same issue but mine is most definitely a bang And as such I know have the head of toyota technical coming down to assess the car in 2 weeks

I get a Clunk when going into first too! I thought it was sporadic at first, but mainly tends to happen when going from 2nd into 1st. Old-ish post, I know but thought i'd chip in my 2 cents!

A clunky stiff gearbox is a common problem when cold, it just seems to be a trait of the car. 1st, 2nd and reverse are a b*tch to get into until it warms up. 

Never had any problems when car is warmed up though.