GT86Jay

Reverse Camera Plug and Play Kit - £75

I think "swindler" is abit harsh for Jay, i know you have been wronged but if he was a swindler there would be 100+ people out of pocket. Either hes no swindler or he should stick to his day job

Pitman: i could technically do that. But in that case it will be me feeling bad/wrong to have caused you, someone uninvolved into this mess, to pay your money in his place, solve his problems that are not yours, even while judging by records in profile he visits this forum very often and knows situation by PMs very well?

I paid Jay 100£ back in August 2014 for a camera kit, then another 12£ in November 2014 when he discovered that he got the wrong cameras and the right ones would cost a bit extra. I was among the first to order and shipping to Denmark was no problem he told me...

To this day, almost a year later, I haven't recieved the kit or a refund despite having been in contact with Jay so many times that I've lost count. It's been one excuse after the other, promise after promise, saying the camera kit would be send, then 1 week later nothing and I write to him and it wasn't send because of some excuse. That scenario has happened so many times that it's almost been a joke. And everytime I've been understanding, calm and been giving him another chance and more time to get a kit my way. However, about 2 months ago I gave up. My patience was gone and I was tired wasting so much time on this. I don't want the camera kit now, just my money back. 112£ is a lot of money for me and I just can't let this go, even though the thought has crossed my mind...

I write to Jay again telling him my patience is up and I want a refund. Then he says he can't do that and that he will send a kit within a week. But after waiting almost a year, what are the chances that he will all of a sudden send a kit within a week. NO! I wan't my money back. I tell him that and then he refuses, telling that I could actually be scamming him? My payment is documented on Paypal and I haven't recieved any kit even though he all of a sudden claims to send one earlier and that the package has dissapeared. I asked for a tracking number, but he hasn't got any of course. Also, every time he promised to send a package I told him to provide a tracking number. I never got that.

In the end Jay told me he could refund, but I would have to wait as he didn't have the money now. That was 2nd of June and here we are on the 29th of July, 2 months later and I haven't heard anything from Jay. In 2 weeks its a WHOLE YEAR since I made the payment for the camera kit. To this day (2 months since he promised a refund) I haven't heard anything and I had to initiate contact again, as I have everytime.

I've been talking to Jay privately and avoiding to go public on forums to avoid giving him a bad reputation. But since I can read others with the same problem and that NOTHING happens, he leaves me no choice. If anyone doubts anything written above, I have PMs, Facebook chats and Paypal documentation for everything. I'll provide it if needed...

If anyone knows Jay or can reach out to him, please do! I've wasted WAY TO much time on this and just want to put this to a close with him offering me a refund.

Ultimately it's a shame that clearly some kits have gone missing. But it's not as wide spread as you think, only about 2% of the shipments got lost, the industry average is above 10% and that's from real companies!

Either way, please wait, Lauren has contacted him it seems :)

Ultimately it's a shame that clearly some kits have gone missing. But it's not as wide spread as you think, only about 2% of the shipments got lost, the industry average is above 10% and that's from real companies!

Either way, please wait, Lauren has contacted him it seems :)

I saw Laurens post, but that was regarding the other guy i guess? Anyways, any info about all of this would be greatly appreciated. I want this solved!

rob275: Imho those are different things - 'shipment lost' or 'shipment never happened' despite monthly promises of 'ASAP'. And by tone of PMs (that i also can provide for any admin on request) along lines 'will check/sort out/send' and not once mentioned 'i sent it in ##/##/201#) i'm thinking of later instead of former+some shipping mishaps. I can understand cases where with someone not professionally into that and with unexpectedly high count orders forgetting may happen, once, or twice. But not 6 promised times in a row? Especially when 'just 4 or 5' orders with issues left, where shipping didn't happen due various IRL issues/reasons. Several months should certainly be enough to sort out that little number of orders left, even if it requires to order parts for kits all anew, assemble (IIRC 40min per kit?) and send, so of course it rises suspicions and credibility of each following sending promise dims, just like patience.

On a side note, anyone knows if fensport's kits are out of stock for a long? IIRC they were in stock in winter, but then i still had hopes to receive Jay's. Whatever will happen at end with this fiasco, but i want to finally get in some way camera for my GT.

Okay I've spoken to Jay. It's not been easy is what I'm going to say about it. 

There are two options. He speaks to Adrian and gets him to send a kit out. 

Or Jay will refund you. He doesn't have the money right now, but reckons he'll be able to do it in about a week. I tried to get a date but was not successful. Jay says that he is unable to access the forums at the moment. 

Here is his email address. Please use this to contact him and let me know how you get on. Sorry about all the problems, I've been trying to sort them out everynight I get to a hotel as I am in the middle of my holiday. 

jayashleysmith@yahoo.co.uk

Like the others I am another of Jay's victims.  Paid my money last November and still not received my camera despite an endless chain of excuses an at time blatant lies.  It was only a couple of weeks ago he told me he had the package all ready to go via DHL and guess what - nothing has arrived.

A very dissatisfied

Andy D

Andy send me a PM with the details I will contact Jay. Same goes for anyone else. 

I will do whatever I can do to help sort this mess out. 

I hope I am close to a resolution for Tre87 in the next couple of days. 

Update on my situation!

I finally managed to get a refund over PayPal from Jay this morning. I've been dealing with Jay and the lack of the camera kit for over a year, even when finally demanding a refund it took almost 2 months and several more excuses, delays and chats to get this sorted out.

A huge shoutout and a big thank you to Lauren who has helped a long way! There is no doubt that she really cares for this forums and it's members :) I hope to one day drive my GT86 from Denmark to the UK and attend a club meeting and thank Lauren in person. Also a thank you to Rob for his time and help - it all helps!

Back when I ordered from Jay I only heard good things about him and to this day I still believe Jay is a genuine nice guy. All of this and all the orders on camera kits might have gone over his head and he took in more than he could handle. However, his way of dealing with all the problems, the excuses, the lies, the waiting and making all things a lot more complicated than they have to be for whatever reason, I would strongly advise against doing any business with Jay in the future. I hope those who are still having problems get it sorted out quickly so that both you, the forum and Jay himself can put this behind us.

tre87: btw, from what i got when emailed fensport, they have reverse camera in stock. It was just unupdated info on site fault, that it is displayed as out-of-stock.

Sigh. So i got new lies about shipping ('supposedly' shipped twice to wrong address, or two more promises to send again to right one with provided tracking via RM or DHL) +1 month passed, after that refund request ignored another week on top. I guess that means that rob's & Lauren's words too are nothing to him.

Sigh. So i got new lies about shipping ('supposedly' shipped twice to wrong address, or two more promises to send again to right one with provided tracking via RM or DHL) +1 month passed, after that refund request ignored another week on top. I guess that means that rob's & Lauren's words too are nothing to him.

Last we was told was you were going through Fensport for a camera. So Lauren never chased Jay. The other two have got their refund from Jay.

When i got his PMs about shipping to wrong address and he will ship now to right one .. thought that i will wait last time for that, as it would be stupid to have two kits. After month wait asked refund so i can order at fensport myself and inquired their stock availability via email. But it seems that i'll have to order without waiting for refund as soon as i'll get my salary or pay for night shifts, otherwise those "two months" for tre87 doesn't sound anything but soon.