Sign in to follow this  
DaveB

Stripping the interior

I've not had it out completely, but io've had half out and it's not entirely difficult. It's just obvious bolts. I think when you start the job you will realise how simple it actually is. The parcel could potentially be a ballache though.

Yes; just above the rear window to the back! I'm sure I can get the interior out, I'm not so sure whether it's worth all the effort. Also it takes about 50 kg from the rear of the car, so it may not be properly balanced. My coilovers will adjust ride for height but it will take a lot of setting up. 

50Kg? Who gave you them figures I'd be surprised if it's that much  but i guess the bench weighs a fair bit. I didn't take out the panel above the rear window which would explain why I haven't met the airbag yet. Personally don't see the point in the effort. The only reason for taking it out is if you are seriously tracking it and want to fit a rollcage. There are a fair few people on here who track theirs and participate in the Toyota Sprint and haven't taken any panels out. One reason being that if you do this you go up to Pro class and it's not somewhere you want to be if you have a FI 86 as you get lumped with Adrian. :P

Cheers,Will300. You can get carbon cards also. But I'd be happy with the bare metal! At 197hp (roughly) 50 kg out increases power to weight by 6.4 bhp per tonne according to my maths.

Yes; just above the rear window to the back! I'm sure I can get the interior out, I'm not so sure whether it's worth all the effort. Also it takes about 50 kg from the rear of the car, so it may not be properly balanced. My coilovers will adjust ride for height but it will take a lot of setting up. 

How much out of back? !!

Dave - there are two persons in the UK who've totally stripped a GT86 - the Britcar guy and Adrian (Dave) at Fensport.

The Britcar guy is on a mission (financial ruin). Adrian is on a mission (to improve the breed).

Your choice as to phone ... ?

Spec K