KevinA

Hello Everybody

Yes Lauren budget is a factor, but more important for me is to get the spring rate correct. Too many coilovers are harsh and crashy which might spoil the car, got a couple in mind but need to get some technical info tomorrow.

Would like to get it sorted as we are intending to drive round Scotland for a week in August, so must get cracking.

What have you got in mind? 

The stock spring rates are 3/4kg. But on the flipside more expensive coilovers can work just as well or better with higher spring rates to a point anyway.

I had a varied selection of suspension on my TA race Evo, varying fron D2, Ohlins and an Ex-tc race set. Am currently looking at Meisterr given the build design and some feedback from some of my friends in motorsport.

I know what you mean about spring rates on different systems, and it's good where possible to set up for your own particular driving style.

Must say the members on here seem really friendly !

Meister R's like BC's are made in Taiwan. This doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad thing, but I prefer stuff that is made in Japan or Northern Europe as a rule when it comes to suspension. 

Personal preference and all that. 

I've heard it said that Meister R's are essentially BC's, but then I have had views from other sources that they are not, so who knows. 

If it's any help at all, I'm running 5/6kg rate on my Tein Flex's. The ride is mostly better than stock to be fair, though I do have the EFDFC Active Pro which doubtless helps in this respect. 

I too was interested in the build location of Meister, I found some very interesting information on the technical build tolerances and internal damper components. Was a long read and probably too big to post on here, but it was enough to not dismiss them.

I remember being told not to get near D2 stuff when I was competing in TA, but set up and mechanical sympathy play a big part and we had some very surprising results. Will let you folks know the outcome both good or bad ;-)

Coil overs now arrived, so looks like the weekend job is lined up. Hope the control arms come today and then I can do it all together. Will put up some pictures of the progress.