GTB

Jumped the fence......

Hi, only just found this site (been mega busy with work) etc etc.

Have been farily regular on the other site but find it a bit anal and miss the banter & sense of humour from the likes of Special K. Life is far too short for too much seriousness.

Current spec 2012 white GT86, Rota Boost steel grey wheels, Seibon body kit, upgraded sound system, H & S cat back exhaust, HKS panel filter, TOMS rear lights, SPA oil temp/pressure gauge, carbon interior bits.

Next Month: Sprintex SC with secondary cat delete etc etc at Abbey Motorsport.

Haven`t got a picture of the car at work so added one of my other toys !

Cheers

GTB

post-490-0-02289200-1403246532_thumb.jpg

Morning and welcome along :) yes SpecK is the club clown, problem is he's a massive wind up merchant! ;) 

Good choice on the Sprintex and nice to see some more superchargers popping up. Sounds like you've done a fair bit, interested in some pictures.

Whatd'ya mean, "club clown"..... !!!

That is no way to address your elders, you young whippersnapper... I was phlebotomising (as well as taking the p*ss) before you started skool!

HRRMPH...!

Welcome GTB !

Mebbe see you having a fling at a Sprint or two? Let's face it, the suck-and-blow brigade are gonna need all the help they can get..

(Grumpy Old Man - where is it, Rob?)

Spec K

Well, you talk about clowns.........me and a mate always used to do the charity auctions at our Vmax bike bashes. Came across this photo today of us at Cheddar in 2003. I was meant to be David Dickinson and my mate the auctioneers Gofer. I overdid the fake tan and ended up looking like James Brown ! All in a good cause and went down well with much money raised.

cheddar%201.jpg

Car looks good and the sideskirts and splitters are nice and subtle.  

I'll bet others have said this but with the new wheels are you going to lower it at all? It's almost weird that as soon as you put aftermarket wheels on it looks too high!

I haven't got a front lip, in terms of speed bumps, with a 25mm drop it's no problem apart from the ones where you run the edges, then you have to put a wheel over them to avoid grounding the exhaust. Tbh it's having a more aggressive geo that makes a big difference in how the car handles. 

Exciting stuff about the supercharger though. :)

Welcome GTB, Keith is definitely a special character, wouldn't call him a clown.

Just a drunk. :-)

A false calumny!

Shame on you, young Will .... verbally 'mugging' an old man like that.... and on a public forum!

My landlord will be turning in his grave...

Spec K

Got no lippy bits but am 25mm. Heard the underside of front bit grind today at a small drop onto the road. Ouch. Lucky you can't see it unless you live under my car.

But I'd lower it anyway. Looks and handles better mate.

Firstly welcome across,

You should be fine lowering by around 25/30mm, I don't have the lips and it's a bit hard to get perspective of how big they are but my 86 is the best part of 50mm lower and only really scrapes when I'm being an idiot :D

Been for a blat this afternoon to check oil pressure / temp gauge, great fun on a B road twisty. Really don`t want to mess with the handling and as i`m an old fart (51) it`s low enough already !

If you put in camber bolts and offset bushes for the rear wishbones and put on some more negative camber it will really sharpen the handling up.

You could do that without lowering springs.  

But, personal preference of course and if you're happy with the way it is... 

Mr Subota Boy, where did you get your wheel spacers ? Did you have to cut down any threads ? What size did you go for ? I`m not going to lower due to front lip but may fit spacers.