Bail

Chrome Bulbs

Can anyone recommend a set of Chrome indicator bulbs, front and back, for the GT? Looking for recommended rather than a cheapo eBay gamble? Anyone else got a set, if so what do you think and where did you get em?

I recently did this bulbs are bulbs so not really any point looking at differant brands and eBay is by far the cheep established your going to need some t10 bulbs for the sidelight so 2 *t10 and your going to need 4 t20 bulbs so in total 4 t20s and 2 t10s

I brought these off ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/370394336382?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

and these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/370176588928?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

They work fine, no real problems besides the fact they were a lil tricky to push in (had to apply quite a bit of force to get them into position, I know Keith (Spec K) also had this problem but once in, they're fine.

Edit - just seen Mike's links and they're the same I believe.....but cheaper I think.

Any idea if LED T20 bulbs cause an issue on the GT86? I know on other cars that LED bulbs cause issues so wondered if its the same with this one?

I don't know off the top of my head if anyone has changed them. But I find it unlikely nobody has, so i'm going to say they will be find or we would of heard something? ;)

I have T20 chrome bulbs. The 'make' is XTEC.

As mentioned above they don't fit.... the Toyo dealers would not install them as they were too tight for the sockets.

Spec K

Speical K, did you just do them yourself then? Ive recently done my dome, reverse and boot and some were "Snug" but wouldnt go as far as saying they didnt fit...

No, I didn't do them myself.

Both my rear light clusters had to be replaced under warranty (condensation) so I asked the Toyo dealer to replace the bulbs with the T20 chrome ones, doing the fronts at the same time. They couldn't get them in.

So Fensport tried next time the car was there, they came to the same conclusion.

Spec K

Spec K: If you've got x-tec T20s, are they not the ones I linked to further up in this thread? They've fit perfectly fine for me.

My only issue is one of the side indicators went... hardly "long life" at ~9 months