mattpierce

Countdown is on!

Went with Grey, leather, armrest and parking sensors. Black headlining as well.

Date was 22nd, now 27th but needs to have dealer bits fitted. Also going on holiday 28th so real chances are pick up 6th June. Not looking forward to the holiday anymore!

It'll be my company car so no mods, well maybe tyres if that counts, as I think it would be wise to have the warranty in place as I do 20k miles a year

Tyres won't invalidate your warranty, Matt... nor would wheels or exhaust, which seem to be the most common choice for personalising... from memory 20k a year is about the same as Lauren's mileage.. fun,fun,fun !!

Spec K

I didn't think so, but you never know. Part ex car is a Beamer and I took the hideous run flats off and they told me I wouldn't be insured! Money making scam me thinks. Excited to see the back of it...

Counting down the hours!

Tyres won't invalidate your warranty, Matt... nor would wheels or exhaust, which seem to be the most common choice for personalising... from memory 20k a year is about the same as Lauren's mileage.. fun,fun,fun !!

Spec K

I do 30K a year, Keith (37+K in 15 months).

Matt, welcome aboard. Changing stuff like tyres has no effect on your warranty. Quite a few of us have a lot of mods that don't affect our warranty either, it's not a problem at the right dealer. 

It's going to be a long few weeks wait for you I'm afraid. 

The cars have a black headlining as standard, there isn't any other option. 

I do 30K a year, Keith (37+K in 15 months).

Matt, welcome aboard. Changing stuff like tyres has no effect on your warranty. Quite a few of us have a lot of mods that don't affect our warranty either, it's not a problem at the right dealer.

It's going to be a long few weeks wait for you I'm afraid.

The cars have a black headlining as standard, there isn't any other option.

Thanks Lauren, good to know.

Sounds similar to what I'll be doing. Most of it motorway for me. M4 lovely place to spend your life! Although I think I am about to enjoy it more.

Ps I will learn to use this forum thing properly!

Well, Matt if you're on the motorway 40mpg is not that hard to achieve. I do a little motorway but mostly A roads and town driving. 

Use 6th gear a lot, that's the key. 

We are trying to organise an event for the 8th June (8-6 day effectively here), so if you fancy an early trip out keep an eye on the events forum. 

We also will be at the TSS at Woodbridge (Ipswich), not sure where you're based but there will be some good banter there. ;)

Well, Matt if you're on the motorway 40mpg is not that hard to achieve. I do a little motorway but mostly A roads and town driving. 

Use 6th gear a lot, that's the key. 

We are trying to organise an event for the 8th June (8-6 day effectively here), so if you fancy an early trip out keep an eye on the events forum. 

We also will be at the TSS at Woodbridge (Ipswich), not sure where you're based but there will be some good banter there. ;)

Good news on the MPG.

Based in Cheltenham, will keep an eye out!

Matt - a few of us are doing the Prestcott Hillclimb on Sunday 01 June (GT4OC meeting).

Why not pop along and introduce yourself? Pitman, Jamie and I are there.. plus Adrian from Fensport.

Spec K

I did the same, was diving in Egypt when mine was delivered, got back to Manchester airport at 2 a.m. down to RRG Macc at 10 a.m., then drove it 250 miles to Essex, kipped the night at my Mum's then drove 250 miles back (Tom Tom shortest route no motorways so it got a decent run in)

Alec

Can you believe it, some absolute **** keyed my car last night. The one I am going to be part ex-ing. Anyone have any idea what impact that may have on the price I might get for it, whether they'd care at Toyota? Or indeed a cheap way to fix to avoid a new panel?

If they have already signed the paperwork when you drop it off just park it on the side you can't see it. If they don't spot it before you drive away they can't do anything about it.