Pitman

Tow Hooks / Eyes

Bit of an embarrassing track virgin question, and not sure if this is the best place to post it.

Is there a better side to have the rear tow hooks / eyes?  I am fitting a Seibon Carbon Fibre rear lower bumper cover to my car, and it does not have cutouts for the toe hook fitment points, so I will have to add one, and would rather just do it on the one side if possible.

you don't need a tow hook on the back :)

Great, thank you :)

Edit:

I have just checked the Toyota Sprint Series regulations, and found this:

G-25, All vehicles must be equipped with towing eyes, one at the front and one at the rear. They must be clearly visible, or have an arrow or ‘tow’ painted on the car directing sight to the towing eye itself if located out of sight.

That applies to all other vehicles except for the GT86's.  Adrian is donating his stock tow hook to the recovery trucks so for the TSS sprints, you don't need to put one in, they will quickly screw one in for you.  As you are putting your own in, I don't believe it matters which side you put the tow hook along the rear as there are currently 2 tow hook fitting points along the rear bumper anyways (though only 1 along the front).  What's also worth noting is that when you spin off, you won't know which end will be pointing where so either the pre-fitted towing points will come in handy or it won't as you're facing the wrong way.

And there's me having bought an extra tow hook last year so's I've got one for each end.... doh!

Can I recommend that competitors remove the front and one rear tow hook 'covers' if Sprinting.

... the security strap is a bit fiddly to extricate and track recovery guys will be in a hurry to get you off the circuit, so won't be too focussed on de-threading it.. and if it's in your toolbox or glove compartment you won't lose it!

Spec K