Sign in to follow this  
stephen

Space Saver wheel

In my experience, those aerosol glue kits are ineffective at dealing with punctures (apart from slow ones). Anybody know if a spacesaver wheel is available, which will fit in the spare wheel well? If so - how much and from where?

I bought an unused Subaru 3.0 Legacy spacesaver, size T135 70 D17 on e-bay for £0.99, it fits the hub and wheel-well perfectly.   It was advertised as from a 2007 3 Litre Subaru Legacy.  To clamp it down buy an Aygo wheel clamp  T51931-0H010 from your friendly Toyota dealer for 4.87 + VAT.  Job done !

No, just tyre foam. 

You can fit a full sized spare in the boot, though it does sit a little proud. There are a few markets in the world where a full size is required (I think) and there is a corresponding different boot lining to allow for this. 

I admit, my boot is full of a 12" sub, amp and DSP. ;)

I bought a spare oem wheel and tyre soon after I got my car but recently changed to a space saver. The gunk is no use if you have a blow out or sidewall puncture.

I bought at 94-01 Impreza Turbo space saver. You just need to be careful which space saver you buy as certain Subaru fitments don't fit over the BRZ/86 brakes.

Mine was £20 from ebay

Yep thats the one I got

see here http://www.gt86.org.uk/forums/topic/781-29th-september-2012-space-saver-spare/?hl=space+saver

Watch out for later Imprezza wheels as some are 114 pcd rather than 100

Alec

If it's 114.3mm pcd it's from an STi, Just be sure to get one from a UK spec Impreza Turbo 2000 from 1994 to 2001 (the classic shape)

I just got myself this - should arrive next week while I'm away I hopr it fitsattachicon.gif$_57.JPG

That has the same tyre size fitted as mine and it fits both the hub and the well perfectly.  Just need the Aygo fixing screw now otherwise it bounces around and scuffs the paint.

It's the first 17" 'postable' 5x100 spacesaver I've seen....my concern is it clearing the front caliper

I am sure that you will find plenty of clearance with the 17".  I think those that had clearance problems were using 16" Spacesavers.

First thing I got wasn't going to rely on the pump and sealant was told our sealant is water based so tyre should be reuseable unlike some aftermarket ones which renders the tyre unusable took the shaft from my Yaris to hold it in!

Has anyone tried the spare wheel I linked to eBay above?

Considering it as an alternative to a manky 90's Subaru wheel from eBay, they are all a bit steep for their age and condition.