rob275

Clay Bar - Awesome Contraption

I use Clay bars a lot, and today on my drive home from work through the coountry lanes unfortunately ended up with a van clipping my mirror.

It had a big scuff on it but I took at it with a Clay Bar and now it's as good as new. So if somebody hits your mirror, give a clay bar a go, it took about 10 minutes to clay it out but it worked :)

Clay cloth seems a bit odd, considering it's re-useable, if it acts the same as clay you will not get the contaminants out of it. Keith I was lucky, the paint was surprisingly hard on the mirror and it was literally rubber from the vans plastic mirror on the surface. Albeit burnished on quite hard. It took about 10 minutes to clay out as I didn't have an abrasive clay.

Yeah, thought not, I know it can introduce scuffs :P

I think clay bars can dry out but it takes a while, I'll see if I can dig out my clay bar that's been sat in my garage for a couple of years now (which has been stored in a plastic box within the original cardboard box) and let you know if it's dried out or not :D

I've never tried a clay bar. I just wipe off bugs and dirt as soon as I see then, with a simonz spray. Grime and bug remover.

Rob will take a look at your bar when I pop by after going abbey.