Keethos

Cadwell Park

Who here's been around Cadwell Park on a track day before?  Anyone know how technical the track is and if there are any easy obstacles to hit?  I've been invited to a Javelin Open Pit Trackday there next weekend and just trying to gauge weather I should get insurance or not.....I know always better safe than sorry but if it's quite an open track with not a lot to hit, then I'm willing to take a chance.

Thanks all!

I've got a lap record at Cadwell Park. I've also done hundreds of laps as I did all my training there.

There are lots of things to hit. It's very technical. I wouldn't go there without insurance. It's probably the tightest track in the country and it's narrow too with lots of gradient.

It's the track you're most likely to hit something at.

It is though the best track in the UK IMO.

I've done a track day on the full circuit at cadwell on my Fireblade.

It's very narrow.

I managed to get air over the mountain.

My day ended prematurely.

I'd been following Jim Moodie (who was there testing for crescent suzuki while we were having a track day). I thought I was pushing the limit a little as I felt the back end squirm around a lot until one lap coming down the hill out of Barn I'd just hooked 4th (115mph+) and there's an almighty bang. Clutch in, coast to a stop. I'd lost the rear spindle nut and the rear spindle had worked its way out of one side of the swinging arm, collapsing the rear end. the chain had (luckily) jumped off the sprocket and scored a deep gouge out of the swining arm too. I should have either died or lost a foot in that accident. Luckily neither happened...

I was a bit stranded as although the chain adjuster block was recovered, the spindle nut was not.

Luckily in the next session a chap on a CBR600 'decided' to end over end his bike between the top of the mountan and hall bends. His spindle nut fit my bike perfectly and I was able to ride home.

Totally agree with other posters, insurance is a must, the only time I've been was in my Classic Mini, hence I didn't bother with insurance because a) it wasn't very fast, and B) I could put it back together if I broke it...

It has the nickname the "mini-Nurburgring" (or something like that) and should be approached as such because it is twisty, hilly and there are plenty of things to hit pretty much all the way around the circuit!! Not to mention the camber changes as Spec K posted...

Awesome stuff, well I've heeded your advice and brought insurance, especially since I'll be sharing the car with a friend who's never need on a track day before.