Captain Duff

whether I should assume anything about the weather!

Ok, here's the thing. I swapped over to my winter tyres last November. Since then I think I have thought that they were useful for one, maybe two days. There has been no snow and no ice anywhere I have driven (mainly around Lancashire), and temperatures rarely below 6 or 7 degrees.

I think my winters are very nice tyres mind you (Yoko w-drives), but my question is this. Should I stop expecting a 'turn' in the weather when it comes to cold/snow/ice and change back to my summers this weekend, or should I give it a another week or two?

I didn't even bother putting my newly bought winter tyres on OEM wheels onto the car this year :( Either this weekend or the next I would swap - you're probably just wearing out the tyres given the mild conditions...

I swopped my Yoko W drives a week and a half ago. Didn't see the point. Since then it's been win/win with the Primacy's. Much better feedback and better grip too. 

It's just not been cold enough this winter. The jet stream has been stuck since November, we're getting weather from the Atlantic which means wet and mild. I don't see this changing yet. 

The weather forecast on the radio this evening is warning of snow tomorrow in central and northern England and Wales.

It was bound to happen as I collect my 86 Saturday.It was inevitable.

The weather forecast on the radio this evening is warning of snow tomorrow in central and northern England and Wales.

It was bound to happen as I collect my 86 Saturday.It was inevitable.

Adds to the fun no? :D

Well, I will be driving home tomorrow evening from South Wales, on my only 4th best in the latest tyre survey Goodyear Eagles  :rolleyes: I haven't bothered to fit my winter wheels and tyres this winter, and when I get my act together, they will be up for sale, as they won't fit my car next year :ph34r:  

Yeah, I heard it was supposed to snow bad tonight/this weekend but nothing yet.......we'll see...you can never tell....the question is....will the government get the place gritted in time or have they already ran out / stored most of it away?

Wembley for me this weekend,to watch the superblues on sunday.Staying over saturday night for a good booze. :D  

Have fun, it should of been the Irons (apart from the 9 goals you put past us)  :P

Alec

Finally got the time to swap back to my summers this afternoon - just out of interest, and given the car has been up and down using the trolley jack a few times now, has anyone else noticed that the front centre jack point looks a bit more dented each time? I'm pretty sure I'm using the correct point so far as the picture in the manual shows it (photo's would have been so much better than diagrams!)...

Finally got the time to swap back to my summers this afternoon - just out of interest, and given the car has been up and down using the trolley jack a few times now, has anyone else noticed that the front centre jack point looks a bit more dented each time? I'm pretty sure I'm using the correct point so far as the picture in the manual shows it (photo's would have been so much better than diagrams!)...

Where are you mounting it?