CHOSENMAN007

Forced Induction

Just so you know, we've had a member who tried to get his car Supercharged by Litchfield but they messed him around, didn't respond to messages and left this fella waiting ages, so he's now getting his Supercharged from Abbey instead.  That and I've heard other not so great stories regarding Litchfield and their remaps etc, so I'd personally not bother with Litchfield.  I've not had any personal experience from them so all I can do is relay what I've heard from others that have.

If I had the money to spend, I'd struggle to decide and both setups (Fensports and Abbeys) are great kits and it depends on what you're after really.  If you need the supercharger whine, Abbey, if you want mega power, Fensport, otherwise, in my opinion, there's not much difference between the two that they couldn't tweak to suit your needs.

Usually if you want linear power/torque you'd go supercharger but with Adrian's tuning skills, he can control the boost to give a very linear delivery and vice versa, I'm sure Mark could tune the car to have a big kick at certain revs etc.  For a moderate power boost, you're looking at around the same amount of money for either system I believe.  It may even simply come down to who's closest.....that would play a rather big part for myself as if I needed anything doing or have any problems, you'd want it looked at as soon as and if they're closer, it'll be easier to get to.....but for me again, I'm still 2 hours away either location.

I'm sure there's more detailed differences but since I've not got the money to go FI, I've not really looked into it in too much depth, just what I've seen so far (though I have actually test driven both  :P )

What also might be worth considering is that Tuning Development is trying to develop their own Turbo kit, HKS also has a Supercharger kit available (which I think Fensport can supply and fit and possibly even Abbey).

Back home from work now so i can reply more substantially! I can only say that Litchfield is a very hard guy to get hold of apparently. Not had any dealings with the guy myself but i've heard mixed things. It's although he doesn't want the business. If hes hard to get hold of, the last thing i'd do is go to him for a supercharger as if you had a problem you know what will happen...

You're best off going with Adrian @ Fensport if you want a turbo or Mark @ Abbey if you want a S/C at this current moment in time. I'd suggest testing both out see what you think. Both of them trade on here so the support is next to done and both have studied their offerings extensively and know ECUTek inside out by now even though that also seems to be forever expanding!

If you want a go in a S/C offering let me know :) To me both feel fairly similar, as Keith said the turbo is so linear it's great. S/C haves an aggressiveness to it but nothing that can't be tamed in a re-map which is a requirement anyway.

The S/C is slightly cheaper than the Stage 1 Turbo offering but not a lot cheaper and if you're getting something like this done don't just go with it cos it's cheaper. Consider both options.

The S/C you can safely get 300BHP out of without extensive work anything more you're looking at the Larger Stage 2 Sprintex capable of pushing 450 but that would require a re-build to some calibur. Too much power will ruin the car though. I preferred the feel of the S/C and don't particularly want to overpower the car...

I wouldn't consider the HKS at this time, I think it needs further development but Jay could tell you more about it as he's driven one.

I've got the Litchfield non-FI setup on my car (i.e. Milltek + ECUTek) and it works fine, however, getting hold of updates, or even a copy of the rom on my car so I can do some data logging with the cable is impossible - I lost count of the phone calls made and emails sent chasing to get it and have given up...basically means no further business from me.

There's no question that Iain Litchfield knows his stuff, but he's too busy with GTR big bucks stuff that you won't get much airtime...  :(

Adrian and Mark are both active here which is a massive plus and both seem really helpful too, have ridden in both cars, (only driven Mark's S/C) it's a tough decision, and not one I'm jumping to quickly, even though FI is definitely needed.

It's great that there's a choice!

Litchfield has no response. Even with the response their prices are astronomical. I* needed EcuTEK licence as I've bought Milltek and EcuTEK as second hand. Didn't get much response or got response with high price so I've switched to Abbey. He is closer to me by distance also. Mark@Abbey is a great guy. Adrian@Fensport is very good and friendly as well. Havent tried turbo but I consider about fitting time. SC is 1 day job. Turbo is 3+. Similar power, similar delivery (according to owners and testers) and similar prices. Been in to SC and happy with the torque. It is my next target.

Cheers all for the feed back. Well I am currently talking to Fennsport about booking my car in for the end of March. On paper and budget on my mind I have only asked for the following. 1. A Blitz drop in panel filter. (seen good tests on youtube). 2. A ecutek  remap.(4 maps with launch control & auto blip) 3. A full Miltek exhaust. Non resonated. 4. Tein lowering springs 25mm drop. 

All in and drive away price just off 2k. All parts can be used to go turbo (Fennsport). Not sure if my parts get get reused with a supercharger bolt on?

As its stands has anyone got theses mods or similar? Worth it? Or shall I wait and get more money together for go forced induction?

Chosen Man (James)

Cheers all for the feed back. Well I am currently talking to Fennsport about booking my car in for the end of March. On paper and budget on my mind I have only asked for the following. 1. A Blitz drop in panel filter. (seen good tests on youtube). 2. A ecutek  remap.(4 maps with launch control & auto blip) 3. A full Miltek exhaust. Non resonated. 4. Tein lowering springs 25mm drop. 

All in and drive away price just off 2k. All parts can be used to go turbo (Fennsport). Not sure if my parts get get reused with a supercharger bolt on?

As its stands has anyone got theses mods or similar? Worth it? Or shall I wait and get more money together for go forced induction?

Chosen Man (James)

I have exactly this setup, albeit with Super Pro bushes also and a different filter. You can go S/C also so you're still open. It's worth it and you will love it. Are you just changing the springs or shocks aswell? I have the Koni adjustables aswell.

Hey Rob.. Sweet. No mate just springs for now.  I remember your car being dropped when I saw it at the Grasshopper. It looked more aggressive than the rest of our cars. So I want the drop in height. Ok you had your cambers done too lol 

Rob after the mods, lets call it stage 1.. how did the car feel? Describe how your car felt mate. 

I have a choice of a 15mm or a 25mm drop (Tein).. I reckon 25mm should still look good on stock wheels wrapped with my Dunlop sportmaxx RT's. Do you experience any scraping of your underbelly on roads and do you drive over speed bumps differently?

Lauren, I think the Exhaust will consist of a secondary cat by- pass. Are you saying if I am fully deleting the primary too? If so when Mot comes round I am doomed lol  

Is your car fully deleted? If so is there a big difference in power or delivery?

How will you get round the Mot when it comes to it. I mean no one should need one yet as the car has not been out for 3 years yet.

Hehe Im not up to speed with the  jargon. I was told it was a by pass for the secondary cat.. make sence to you? Well I have put in for the full system to. Is non- resonated a lot louder? is i louder from start up? how is it on motorways?

Yes, same as mine. I've never had a resonated system so I can't say. 

It's loud for the first ten seconds on a cold start. 

It's not loud when you're cruising. I drove to Germany and back and also to Italy at fairly high cruising speeds. It's no problem. I do have an aftermarket sound system though. ;)