rob275

Toyota Sprint Series 2014

TSS 2014 is due to start soon so it's all fun and games over at Fensport, along with them fitting endless amounts of Turbo (drool), Adrian has been hard at work sorting out the TSS for this year.

The purpose of the forum is to do the following

• Provide information on the sprint dates
  • Information on the rules & regs
  • Ask Adrian and questions regarding
  • Pre-sprint chatter
  • Post-sprint chatter
  • Documenting of the TSS from start to finish

This forum, unlike others on here where we have given you a wide freedom of speech with next to no moderation, just how we like it! will be heavily moderated to keep things as on topic as they should.

More news will become available next week and both myself and Adrian will fill this up with as much useful information for you as possible. FYI the first sprint is in March

Thanks,

Rob.

So, posting spurious comments which add no value to the discussion is a no-no then?? :P:D

Sounds good to me, looking forwards to seeing the dates and prices and so on, was wondering when (and where) this information would be released...!

Not for TSS, just a Snell approved helmet which can be hired at each event and yellow tape...you must remember to have yellow tape wrapped around your negative lead  ;)

Huge thanks to Rob and everyone for their help in preparing for an exciting new championship, I'll post up some new threads over the next few days and the dates are nearly there :)

For information it's looking like a "test and tuition" day on the 30th March at Barkston followed by round 1 at Blyton Park on the 27th April which gives us all a bit more time to sort everything out :)

More soon ....

Awesome stuff Adrian, will the test & tuitions be the same price as a TSS round and is it structured the same?

Also, after breifly reading the regs, do we actually NEED 2 toeing eyes and do we actually NEED racing gloves? I didn't the last time I went.

Awesome stuff Adrian, will the test & tuitions be the same price as a TSS round and is it structured the same?

Also, after breifly reading the regs, do we actually NEED 2 toeing eyes and do we actually NEED racing gloves? I didn't the last time I went.

Cheers Keethos,

The 1st test day at Barkston is £89 entry , training depends on numbers and instructors required will have prices soon but it won't be that expensive unless you want one on one etc...

I will speak with scrutineers regarding tow eyes, maybe we can make a rule that tow eye is easily accessible  :)

Gloves ... yes you should wear them for your own protection, they don't need to be expensive just suitable (ie have good grip)

Cheers

Adrian

Arr poo, I'm sure there were quite a few of us who didn't have gloves on during the last Blyton Park round (I think it was the last Blyton one).  If I had known that we actually needed gloves, I would have looked at getting some while we were at the Autosport Performance Show.....ah well....guna have to have a look around now.

So will the test and tuition just be everyone going around the track or will it also be like the TSS where it's just 1 lap at a time?

Keethos - if it's like the Blyton Park 'Test & Tuition day' last year it's an open pit lane, same as Mallory.. but I think there's a maximum number allowed on track at any one time.

Like you, I don't normally wear gloves (in a closed car) and didn't wear them last year. However, if it's a requirement so be it - I  don't think they need to be the pukkah fireproof type, merely to aid grip and stop you clouting your hands during a 'hairy moment'...

Spec K

According to Hotels.com I booked the last room at the Crown & Anchor, Spec is staying at the Park Lodge Guest House in Grantham, but I'm sure we aren't going to be miles away from each other, we can meet up for a meal in the evening.  Keith says that there's nice places to eat in Grantham!

Come on people, get involved!  The pre-season test day is only £89, plus helmet hire if you need and hotel!  Bargain!

There are loads of places to stay within 6 miles of the track... 

Who have we got so far...?

1. Rob275

2. Keelerad

3. Keethos

4. Lauren

5. Spec K

?. LFA

? Sideways

? Pitman

(I'm sure Adrian will be there as well..)

C'mon Faith.... you know you wanna do it...

I'll do a bit more research on good eateries...

Spec K

The 'Arri 88 World Buffet' looks a fun place to eat... Chinese, Indian, Mexican, (plus Carvery...) although the Gorka is probably the best Indian around...

I reckon we'd need to book for a Sat. night, yes?

Spec K