rob275

Toyota Sprint Series 2014

Just a reminder what its all about, having fun going as fast as you want (and with music on if it floats your boat)

You can see Keith's car parked up post prang at 1:21

Come on everybody, you know you want a go !

http://www.gt86.org.uk/forums/topic/902-toyota-sprint-series-round-4-blyton-park-august-18th-2013/ for the report thread from Blyton last year

Vid by Chris who ran the Blue Celica Gen7 I think

Alec

I have used the car throughout the build, though since the engine conversion it has not necessarily been reliable!

This will be my 6th year in the TSS, and as Alec says, its the enjoyability factor that keeps me going back!  really would recommend to all still considering it!

Thanks

Neil

I should be at the first sprint, but won't be making the test day unfortunately. My car needs some work, doubt it'd be 100% for the test day and I could do with saving the cash anyway!

Have we got any plans for Saturday night? 

Dave and I are staying at the Red House which is apparently close to Grantham. Suggesting we have some food etc on Saturday night. Just need to decide where! 

HEre's where we are:

NG318AN

I'm about 5miles out from where your staying Lauren so I'm keen for meeting up for a meal Sat night.  No idea what time I'll get there like as I plan on heading up to Macclesfield and Wrexham before hand.

I'll be in the vicinity at about 6.00pm, I reckon. I am staying at Park Lodge Guest House, Grantham... dunno where it is but it's not far...

I'll do some digging on t'internet, see if I can find a pub to meet up in....  at 7.30ish?

Spec K

I've found The Goose, High Street, Grantham., NG31 6NE

Car park at rear, central location, we can possibly eat there or walk locally.

I'll be there 7.00ish... unless someone else has a better venue..?

Spec K

I'm about 5miles out from where your staying Lauren so I'm keen for meeting up for a meal Sat night.  No idea what time I'll get there like as I plan on heading up to Macclesfield and Wrexham before hand.

Keith it looks like I'll be passing through Macc on my way out. Probably around 1pm. Can meet you at RRG if you want? 

Keith it looks like I'll be passing through Macc on my way out. Probably around 1pm. Can meet you at RRG if you want? 

I don't know Lauren, I'll have to let you know, I don't know if I'll still be in Macclesfield around that time as I might be either over in Warrington (Tuning Development) or Wrexham (Demon Tweeks), but I'll see if I'll swing back by RRG around that time so will let you know!

I am not going to be able to make it - have to work on Sunday :(

Damn!  

Bad luck, mistah.... was hoping to show you how a proper car runs...

(... except it has an 'ouchy' n/s front wing - a Romanian 'white Transit van man' kissed me off the road on Thursday morning..)

Spec K

Those of you who are doing the Sprint Series - or are thinking about the odd one-off - should be aware that you are required to 'livery' your cars with sponsors decals, as well as your race number. These stickers are not reusable, so mine are adhered to magnetic sheet and can be removed/replaced as required.

I've bought some of this magnetic sheet for anyone who wants to be able to reuse their livery. Javelin can supply the stickers (and magnetic number squares) at each event but did not have spare sheet material at Blyton Park for the other sponsor decals, so I'm doing a cutting 'pattern' to show how you can get two of everything out of a piece of sheet 1200mm x approx. 500mm.

1200mm x 5 metres of this magnetic sheet cost me about £120 and I'm willing to chop this up as above and bring it to a Sprint for cost - £12 a piece.

If anyone is interested PM me.

Spec K

I took my stickers off fine and would wager they are reuseable if you have some greaseproof paper to stick them to in between rounds :P

That said I got some magnet off ebay :)

Just to let everyone know that the final TSS round - at Barkston Heath - is being rescheduled.

Evidently the RAF have decided to make the base 'operational' (or suffink) so it's off limits and the new proposed venue is.....

ROCKINGHAM !!              (Not the full track, this will be a 'managed' course taking in part of the track and perimeter roads..)

Adrian/Javelin are looking at dates - likely to be before 26th October or, possibly, 9th November

Spec K