Captain Duff

Which front strut bar?

So my other alternative would be to go for the standard BRZ's but not colour coded to orange, get them colour coded to the black instead??  But I would like to see one in black.... 

To be fair, just read it and they don't do them in orange anyway.

Still not made up my mind, but this Grimmspeed bar has made a late entry into my shortlist, and is very near the top of it: http://www.grimmspeed.com/strut-tower-brace-brz-fr-s/

It's available from other US retailers (or US ebay) for $139 plus $59 USPS international postage to the UK, so around £120 all in if it escapes a customs check and the extra VAT/duty. Good value in other words, and I like that they have some actual stability graphs for it, that it is a rigid single piece made out of steel and with no bolted joints, and that it comes in red. Call me old fashioned, but I also like the fact that it is made in the US rather than China. Seems to have got  a decent reception on the US forums too. In the way it fits it doesn't look too different to the TRD one, but is very much cheaper.

Any views, particularly as regards how being a flat design it is much lower when compared to most of the others?

Looks good, simple and elegant design at a good price.

I have no idea what makes it look "weak" to you Rob, those mounting brackets look like about 5mm plate so should be roughly as strong as the OEM angled tower braces. The brackets are small, compact and low profile to the forces that the bar is designed to resist... There are no bolted joints or bends in the bar, couldn't be better really...

Don't know if anyone is still interested in a front strut brace, but Tarmac Sportz at the 'other place' are dong a group buy. This is the thread : http://www.gt86ownersclub.co.uk/forum/front-polished-strut-brace-group-buy_topic5677.html

"Hi Guys

Following on from this thread production is now ready for the strut brace

Tested on our car

http://www.gt86ownersclub.co.uk/forum/new-tarmac-sportz-86-products_topic5278.html

There is a maximum limit of 5 red and 5 blue on the group buy

RRP is £110

1-5 Price will be £99 Delivered

6-10 Price will be just £89 Delivered

All orders will receive a free Tarmac Sportz decal

The red will be a kind of Ferrari Red, not anodised, Lead time will be about two weeks from end of GB which will be the end of this month.

These are extremely simple to custom paint to your own colours, two screws and the brackets are disconnected from the struts"

Hope that helps someone who might be after one . . .

Very nice Jude!  How come you went with both struts?  Wouldn't have just the triangular one do?

Tim, the strut that Chris is selling....is it something they've made or is it just the cusco one?