Keethos

Mini- Surrey Meet & Abbey Motorsports Saturday 26th October (Round 2)

Hi all,I've finally got a date for my exhaust install which will be 9am at Abbey Motorsport on Saturday 26th October, while I'm down there (again :32 (14):) we can have an actual mini meet at Mark's premises which has been agreed by Mark himself as he'll actually be available then, which means we can actually checkout his supercharger and other goods there. Obviously you don't all have to turn up as early as 9am but I'll be there from then onwards so please, join us for yet another Surrey Mini Meet :32 (28):Abbey Motorsport,Stonehall Farm,Woodhurst Lane,Oxted,RH8 9HJP.S. If anyone wants to mention this to any other owners from across the way, by all means do so, the more the merrier I say....whether they're waving an Owners flag or a Drivers flag :32 (17):

Alas, I am also not able to make this one. I will have just finished a 12 hour night shift, so not a good combination is sleep deprivation and driving my awesome car ;-) but see you this Saturday?

Alas, I am also not able to make this one. I will have just finished a 12 hour night shift, so not a good combination is sleep deprivation and driving my awesome car ;-) but see you this Saturday?

Yep, see you this Saturday. :)

I'll try to pop down for a meet up...wouldn't mind picking up one of those vent gauges at the same time if poss...although I'd like to get Oil Pressure included, so I'll ping Mark in the other thread and see if they can manage it after your exhaust :32 (25):Planning for a few track days next year...

Hey guys I may be slightly late on Sat! It is the same day Grippy Tires will be around to fit my new rubber. They should be at mine at 8am so I guess I will be well on my way by 9.30ish. Will everyone still be around by say after 11.30ish?

Just a bump to remind people that there's a mini meet this weekend over at Abbey Motorsport. I will be there from around 9am onwards and will probably be around till lunchtime, then will probably wonder over to the GrassHopper Inn for a spot of lunch so if anyone is around and fancy a meet up, come on down!

Was a nice lil mini meet, had a good chat with Rob, Quixote and even Keith graced us with his presence.....even though it was in his Hybrid  <_<   :lol:

Got my lovely exhaust fitted.....really loving the deep burble and loud barks it makes.....at the moment, it is a lil on the loud side but it'll be fine once it carbons up.......the car used to turn just a couple of hears when pooting around, now there's even more heads turning as people can hear me coming  :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Whoever made the back box for this particular exhaust messed it up big time in my opinion, the back box has the cobra brand pressed out which looked quite nice......however, the person who made it welded the other bits onto the back box the wrong way round.....so from underneath, you can't see the cobra bit as it's pointing inwards towards the car and not downwards so people could see it from underneath.  Obviously not a major issue for me but they've kinda screwed themselves over brand/marketing wise  :P

Either way, big thanks to Mark and his crew for his hospitality and service!

LOL, how is it clever?  That's the thing, people use mirrors or just get on down and have a peak underneath, however the Cobra bit is not pointing downwards so even a mirror or even crawling under the car will mean you can't see the Cobra bit as it's actually pointing upwards now instead, which is facing the underside of the wheel well which means no mirror trickery will ever enable to you to see the Cobra bit  :rolleyes:

Awesome stuff Keith!  I see they got the back box the right way up  :P  Can the car run rich with a different exhaust or generally end up using more petrol?  My tank seems to be drinking petrol a lil quicker than normal I think! :huh:

Edited by Keethos
run rich, not lean sorry

Awesome stuff Keith!  I see they got the back box the right way up  :P  Can the car run leaner with a different exhaust or generally end up using more petrol?  My tank seems to be drinking petrol a lil quicker than normal I think! :huh:

You haven't had it mapped that's why 

That's the thing, I don't think I have, I've actually been driving more sensibly believe it or not, I'm trying not to make tooooo much racket around certain areas so I tend to drive a lil more sedately, so low revs to keep the noise down.....at least until the car warms up and the exhaust carbons up a bit more  :lol: but yes obviously I have been booting it every so often.....the car sounds sooooooooooo much better and even more so a high revs so I'll have to monitor this a lil more and let you guys know!

Talking of mpg... I got 33mpg bringing my turbo'd car back from Macclesfield (motorway, full boost) since when it's gone down to 27mpg commuting in East End traffic. That's pretty impressive to my mind.. okay, so it's not quite the 57mpg I was getting from RRG's Yaris Hybrid...

I'll get a further readout en route to Spa on Friday. What are you averaging, Dave?

Spec K

That's the thing, I don't think I have, I've actually been driving more sensibly believe it or not, I'm trying not to make tooooo much racket around certain areas so I tend to drive a lil more sedately, so low revs to keep the noise down.....at least until the car warms up and the exhaust carbons up a bit more  :lol: but yes obviously I have been booting it every so often.....the car sounds sooooooooooo much better and even more so a high revs so I'll have to monitor this a lil more and let you guys know!

Hello Keith

I have been "booting" mine quite a lot since the exhaust went on.  "Booting" has resulted in a drop from 36 to 32mpg (brimming tank method).  Benefits of booting include increased smiling, occasional loud "yee hah" and "woo hoo" sounds from the driver, and a measurable increase in general joyfullness behind the wheel. 

Insurance company would not entertain any fiddling with ECU unfortunately, but this will be rectified on renewal and a remap will take place to maximise the benefits.   :D