Sign in to follow this  
tegunulgener

Didn't started at all...

As usual, after work, got in the car and pressed the engine start/stop button.Circuits been energised. Checks done. Rev counter up and down. Fuel pump started for pressure. Relays are on and off as usual. But... No starter motor noise. What da? What's going on? It's not cranking. No turning. Nothing. Just silence. Tried maybe 10 times with the combination of in and out of the car. Key battery. Clutch pedal. Clutch brake pedal. No luck. Nothing. The called my wife to say iI'm going to be late because car didn't started. Had a short chat with a colleague and about 4mins after back to car. Took the phone to record what's happening because I was planning to post it on here. Surprise, it started. On the way back called Toyota but unfortunately no one was there. So I'll give them a call tomorrow for a check if they find it necessary. Oh btw when I was driving home everything was working as normal. Any ideas? Did this happened to anyone else? It's over 8000 miles yet.

I've not had this myself, but I know a few had... It's very odd indeed but i can only assume you done something wrong. Chances of us finding out is very slim!That's the problem with modern technology, why did they decided buttons were better than keys? The phrase "If it's not broken, don't fix it" springs to mind.

yes steering wheel unlocked. Self tests/diagnostics done. Even the relay clicked. But starter motor didn't turn. Padlock symbol was green not red or yellow. No beep/bleep at all. I am not sure what happened. many times and many combinations i tried (in-out, lock/unlock, inside out etc...) 5 mins after started at the first time. I don't know what happened. In some part of me says immobiliser but my logic part says no, immobiliser was not...

I have had this once, after somebody else locked it. As if it went into a different mode. A combination of locking, unlocking, getting in and going through the start routine eventually got it going as normal, after about ten attempts. Don't know what I actually did differently to make it comply. Been fine since.

This happened to me when I first got the car & took a few attempts to start the car !! I got it going when I opened the drivers door.............. Toyota told me it would be caused by the Steering Lock being on & if you think about it,you have to flick the Steering Wheel when you use Keys,before you can start a car !!Having had this before on my Mazda 3 MPS MKII I then remembered that the same thing used to happen with this car too,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Was the steering lock activated.Did you get a red padlock symbol flash up on the instrument panel?and a bleep when you pushed the start button?

Happened again, the other day and remembered steering wheel. YES it WAS locked and as soon as I freed the steering wheel, it started. Thank you guys...  :)