VAD17

Rimstock wheels - any views?

Hi guys

What are your opinions on Rimstock pro-race 1.2 or 1.3 wheels? Any experience - good or bad?

Would appreciate any thoughts.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I'm confused, never heard of rimstock, so googled and they seem to be manufacturers for Team Dynamics? 

Team Dynamics do good quality wheels and a few people run the Pro Race 1.2's here. 

After some more googling - they are the same as Team Dynamics. Buddy at work negotiating a group discount on them. Frankly, OZ would probably be my preference, but these are nearly 50% cheaper in 18"8. Thus wanted to get some thoughts.

1 minute ago, Lucas@PartBox said:

Get some RAYS! I'll get you a discount 😉

https://www.rayswheels.co.jp/products/brand_index.php?lang=en&

I've just been scouring that catalogue. Trouble is they don't seem to do the colour and size I want. 17x8 ET38 is proving hard to find. Can only find a close match with the TE37SL, but they are grey. 

I would concur completely though. There can only be one choice when it comes to wheels. ;)

Rim stock/team dynamics make perfectly ok wheels (not as fancy as some JDM brands and not forged) but fairly light weight and fairly strong designs the pro race 1.2 for example is used in lots of Motorsport for this reason. I would have no issues using them on a gt86

I have Team Dynamics 18x8s on my car. Look good, and whilst not as lightweight as high end wheels weigh barely more than the stock 17' wheels.

I don't think they can be beat for bang per buck. They have enough race pedigree for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you guys, that's a very helpful range of opinions

Look - I'd have RAYS or some other fancy JDM wheels too if I could afford 'em - but I can't so these are good. ;-D. British made too, which is nice!

And fee more newby questions if I may...

Assuming I would want to keep my options open to go FI and BBK for front wheels:

1) 7.5/ 8.0/ 8.5? Basically the question is whether 7.5 is good enough or do i need at least 8.0 or 8.5 for 18" wheels?

2) offset: et35 or et40? I am not too bothered with perfect flush, but those wheels need to come out a bit comparing to stock 17"s

You want at least 8" rim width, but it depends wholly on what size tyres you are going to put on. 

Thanks Lauren

I was thinking 215/40 R18 for 18x8 wheels. Either Yoko V105 or MPS 4.

Could not find exact weights by quick google, but guess they will be about 10kg (vs Primacies 9.2).

I know I want 18" wheels and grippier tyres. Was planning for next year, but few hard to resist few options available now.