Sign in to follow this  
Keethos

Paint Issue?

Hey, I have no idea what this is but it looks like a paint issue, please see attached pic:Posted ImageIt looks almost like a hand print where the paint has gone a chalky white, when you wash it/wipe it, it doesn't feel rough and it will momentarily disappear for a brief moment, but then fades back in again.....any ideas anyone?

I had a peculiar blemish appear on my bonnet, took it to Toyota and they managed to remove it by slightly heating the paint/bonnet and then gently polishing it once it had cooled. If you're sure this has not been caused by oil/grease/something else that contains a chemical that is not being removed by the car wash shampoo I would definitely suggest Toyota as your first point of call...

As sideways has said its most likely oil or something, no paint defect would momentarily disappear. I'd get hold of a clay bar and see if that makes any difference.

Thanks guys, when the weather pics up, I'll whip out the clay bar and give it a go, probably won't even be able to get the car washed for JAE :32 (29): Ah well.....more time for driving :32 (38):

Thanks guys' date=' when the weather pics up, I'll whip out the clay bar and give it a go, probably won't even be able to get the car washed for JAE :32 (29): Ah well.....more time for driving :32 (38):[/quote']Just bring some buckets and ill wash it for you ffs....

Awesome, thanks Lauren.Will, I appreciate the offer but I couldn't do that to you :32 (17): I did it to a mate the other week but that was cos he had a snow lance and all that....plus I ended up taking him out for dinner afterwards :32 (7):TGIs is not cheap my friend!

Can see it better on here than fb, i'd imagine a polish will get that out. I also was going to suggest what Simon said, it may be condensation under the coat, pour a kettle of boiling water over your paint. Will fix it... (No i'm not joking either)