Sign in to follow this  
Keethos

BMW M135I Vs Toyota GT86 on Pistonheads

Lol, beat me to it. Speaks volumes about how good our cars are that he rates them so closely. As I thought, a 300bhp 86 would be a formidable tool. Helps me move on my decision making re FI :)

Once Fensport / Adrian have fitted my Ultimate Racing rear exhaust, and done the final full boost mapping, I am very tempted to offer my car to PistonHeads for a direct shootout against the M135i :-)

That's a nice write up, not sure how I manged to miss it. Went to the local dealer to look at one last week, wasn't interested in giving me a drive unless I was willing to sit and talk figure. Shame really as the car was lovely, the manner of the salesman less so.

Surprised with the dealer comment by one of the guys as I've heard nothing but bad things about BMW dealers.Dave, I'm sure the Pistonhead guys would lap that offer up like I did and they'll all pretty much change their tune!

A well balanced review, I think. I do know that Matt does love the GT after having a chat at the sprint last week. Though the looks are questionable we have to accept that the M135i is a very capable car.

I'm sure it is a great car but beyond looks, I'd be concerned I'd be taken for one of the legions of cocks in M kitted 120d or lesser, lol. Do BMs really have a nice image these days?

Do BMs really have a nice image these days?

Can't be any worse than Scoobies, can it? :32 (1): Sorry, couldn't resist...It'll take a lot to get me back to a BMW, after-sales care was awful...my local Toyota dealer is excellent on service (so far...touch-wood etc etc).

Can't be any worse than Scoobies' date=' can it? :32 (1): Sorry, couldn't resist... [/quote'] I was waiting for that Sensible cars driven by old buggers these days...... ;)

BMW's are beyond their sell-by date to me... the chosen wheels for wannabe drug dealers and unemployed DJ's....Spec K

Aye - wouldn't want BMW getting into bed with Toyota, for example...