Sign in to follow this  
Keethos

GTA V

Just to get some more topics on the go.....who here has pre-ordered GTA V? I am sooooo excited about this game that I seriously can't wait. Should be out on the 17th September 2013, just after JAE, I've already taken a couple of days off work for JAE but I've also got the whole week after off as well and to do what? You guessed it, blazing through this bad boy!!!

I've got Saints Row 4 to keep me busy as well as some other games that I still need to finish, until GTA comes out!

I've pre-ordered an Xbox version purely because I prefer the Xbox pad and most mates will be on Xbox, but I worry as so far, all footage has been on the PS3 and the PS3 is obviously more powerful, I just hope the Xbox version looks equally as good. Sadly no word of a PC version yet, but when they do, chances are I'll get a copy of that too as I'll be forward to some real car mods and the very first thing I hope someone creates is a GT86 or a BRZ at least, chances are though it'll be a Scion FR-S or BRZ.

i'm still unsure. i'm trying to cut back on buying games, especially now that the PS4 and XBone are on their way. that said, the allure of this one and also GT6 (which i have said i will NOT get because it's more of a GT5.5 in my view) are slowly getting too great too ignore. and besides that there's Beyond: Two Souls, Batman: Arkham Origins, Diablo 3 (which i already have and love on PC so why would i need it on PS3) to think about.but i'll tell you what i'm not buying: any game on current gen that is also being developed for next gen. at the Gamescom press conference, some playstation bigwig said that "any game you buy on PS3, you will be able to download for PS4 for a reduced price". well, i'll just buy it for PS4 then. which will SAVE ME MONEY because i'll still be shelling out twice for what is essentially the same game.sorry for going off-topic for most of the message,..

What that man said, there really is no point getting a game for current gen unless is not coming out on next gen or I seriously can't wait and have to play it, there is a slim chance that GTA might come out on next gen, they say it won't but who knows, but again chances are, no time soon.Found this, here's hoping a PC version of V comes out and someone can make a proper hi-res mod:

And this was achievable with GTA IV and a load of mods, imagine what people will do with GTA :

Been waiting for this GTA for what seems ever, still remember the original all those years ago..I used to be well into my games but lost track Saints row 4 think thats another ill be getting Blitzed the first 3, looks like ill be dusting the cob webs off the xbox for the winter

I'm really looking forward to this, so is Mark. We have all the series, but we never really got into GTA4. It was no San Andreas. Let's hope the new one is. The previews look amazing. :)

My input into this thread is............ oh god, my teenager will be nagging me for it and then taking over the 47" TV for the duration ;-)

This is AWESOME.....http://www.topgear.com/uk/photos/bra...o-v-2013-09-04....probably by far the best car in GTA III......loved watching Custom My Ride/Street Customs/Inside West Coast Customs/whatever their bloody title was....wish it was easier to watch them :32 (39):

thank god it wasn't ordered by will.i.am... it would be like a Will.Shee or a Banshee.Is or Banshee.i.am... the man might sell a lot of records (which for the most part are still crap in my book), but he has absolutely no sense of taste or style

Waiting till thurs, got it ordered from tesco for £32 ;) was going to buyt it from game and use my reward points up but i didnt get around to ordering it before my course today. Which was good fun, i got congratulated for being caught speeding the fastest in the group. But i'd like to put out a disclaimer that technically if we're talking percentages i was the lowest % speeding out of the group. What concerned me was 75% of the group didn't know the speed limit of a single carriageway. All old drivers who weren't taught the highway code when they passed their test. I think anyone with an old licence should have to resit or do a special test. They are the main reason for speeders or drastically slow people on the road causing accidents!

Waiting till thurs' date=' got it ordered from tesco for £32 ;) was going to buyt it from game and use my reward points up but i didnt get around to ordering it before my course today. Which was good fun, i got congratulated for being caught speeding the fastest in the group. But i'd like to put out a disclaimer that technically if we're talking percentages i was the lowest % speeding out of the group. What concerned me was 75% of the group didn't know the speed limit of a single carriageway. All old drivers who weren't taught the highway code when they passed their test. I think anyone with an old licence should have to resit or do a special test. They are the main reason for speeders or drastically slow people on the road causing accidents![/quote']A friend of mine went on one and out of about 18 people, when asked "what is the speed limited on single carriage way, dual carriage way and motorway" he was the only on who knew it was 60/70/70 everyone else thought it was 50/60/70!! and they were mostly 50+ years old people who obviously passed quite a few years ago Anyways back on topicI preordered last night from amazon for 35 quid and it says its due for delivery tomorrow! which i didnt expect!!Fingers crossed!!

Yeah sorry for taking the thread off topic, ill make a new one about it at some point as it was more interesting than i thought it would be! Amazon are in trouble aren't they for sending copies out early ;) Some people got them on saturday! I remember bugging my local game store for 3 weeks for Vice City before release, in the end they gave it to me two days before and told me to keep quiet. Like hell I kept quiet! I told everyone haha.

Agreed Rob, older drivers need to be retested in my opinion, update them on the new road regulations etc and even in some cases a kick in the arse if they have any bad habits.Just a note if you have a 360, install the first disc (which is mandatory) but don't install the 2nd disc which is your game disc, the game will run a lil quicker if you don't (as it will then read the data from both the HDD and the Disc rather than installing both discs which will mean it will try and load everything off the HDD which won't be as quick)

Been playing it non-stop since midnight last night, but going to have to stop now as I have work tomorrow :( Absolutely loving it though!I also currently have 3 copies of the game, haha :32 (18):Oh and while I'm here I may as well shamelessly plug my video content. Here are the videos I've been making since I got the game (couple of secret weapons, so you might be interested!):

Awesome stuff Arekkz, maybe you could do me a guide on the stock exchange malarkey....I have no idea what I'm doin there :32 (17):Finally got my copy through today, didn't actually arrive till 2:45 and I didn't actually get it till 3:30 and that's because the useless delivery service that Asda Direct uses is terrible (My Yodel), the delivery guy turned up, walked straight to the wrong house, no answer so decided to leave it in their porch. Checked the tracking status at which point it said that it had been delivered and "left safe" which obviously meant that they couldn't deliver it so they've left it someone they think is safe.....in someone else's front porch where anyone could walk in and pick up....not impressed as I was a sucker for the collectors addition so a nice big box sat in someone's porch can be very tempting to local scum.....so I literally wondered over, straight into their porch and picked the parcel up and left again. I'm thinking what's to stop me from contacting Asda to say that I haven't received the item as not only did they not get a signature, they tried to deliver it to the wrong bloody address.Anyhoo....I've been playing it pretty much none stop since :32 (37):

Awesome stuff Arekkz, maybe you could do me a guide on the stock exchange malarkey....I have no idea what I'm doin there :32 (17):Finally got my copy through today, didn't actually arrive till 2:45 and I didn't actually get it till 3:30 and that's because the useless delivery service that Asda Direct uses is terrible (My Yodel), the delivery guy turned up, walked straight to the wrong house, no answer so decided to leave it in their porch. Checked the tracking status at which point it said that it had been delivered and "left safe" which obviously meant that they couldn't deliver it so they've left it someone they think is safe.....in someone else's front porch where anyone could walk in and pick up....not impressed as I was a sucker for the collectors addition so a nice big box sat in someone's porch can be very tempting to local scum.....so I literally wondered over, straight into their porch and picked the parcel up and left again. I'm thinking what's to stop me from contacting Asda to say that I haven't received the item as not only did they not get a signature, they tried to deliver it to the wrong bloody address.Anyhoo....I've been playing it pretty much none stop since :32 (37):

Ah yeah sure, I'll put together a video for you tomorrow! I made a killing (literally) on the stock market yesterday - I bought shares in the rival company, then took out the competitor and my stocks rose nicely!Are you playing on Xbox or PS3? And if so, what's your GT/ID?