Sign in to follow this  
rob275

Off to Fensport tomorrow (Final Touches)

So i'm back off to Fensport tomorrow afternoon to have a Koni shock replaced and off-set top mounts!Long story short I went up there 2 weeks ago for a fair amount of work to be done, only after my suspension was cut in half did we realise one of the shocks was leaking when being adjusted...Pretty bad for Koni standards considering they are individually QA checked before being sent out. But i've been told the replacement definately doesn't leak as they checked it on arrival!I'll post pictures up once its all back together and the camber is sorted!

Guest Guest

I believe Keith had the same issues with one of his Koni's. What drop you running now then Rob? What made you decide to change the shocks?

Yeah Keith's adjuster was stuck, needless to say they aren't overly impressed at the moment with the quality issues they have had!, 25mm, similar setup to Keiths. I changed the shocks so I can have the adjustability for Track and I can have a slightly softer drive for road.Also got the Miltek System with the 2nd cat delete.

It's slightly cheaper, not so harsh on the ride so it's more suited to fast road use imo. The coilovers would be a lot stiffer, I guess the advantage of coilovers is the adjustable height but 25mm suits the car nicely actually... and it did literally lower my car 25mm as we measured before and after. It was bang on! I've had to go back for off-set top mounts also as i couldn't achieve the camber without them. Currently at -1.75 rear and -1 front, but it should be -2 front, the offset top mounts will allow the extra 1! (That's what it says on the tin anyway)

This is killing me! Every time I try to 'quote' a previous post (such as LFA's one above), this Forum corrupts (Microsoft 'Error, send us a report') and kicks me out! It does the same thing every time I hit a ! Four times I've replied to the 'Banned' thread and four times its thrown me out! I'm going to try one more time on the 'Banned' thing, then I'll leave it up to PeteH to try and resolve on Sunday (fellow driver, Spa in November, my IT guru) Spec K

Rob - my Koni 'seized'. I am (was!) still running track settings on the road - too harsh but I liked it. You may find that the Tein springs 'sag' on the rear - mine did and I changed them for the 15mm lowered on the rear (stiffness is almost identical - 4.5Kgs on 25mm, 4.6Kgs on 15mm). Kept the 25mm lowered on front = real balance. I run 2mm neg camber on front and 2.5mm neg camber on rear, gave me exceptional front end grip and really controllable slide on the rear (with F1 Eagles). This was before turbo, which totally blew me away - no way does this setup, with relatively skinny road tyres, match the additional power/torque, in my opinion. Spec K

So far they are fine, a strange clonking noise when driving off sometimes though so something is catching somewhere, my wide wheels i'd imagine... But they still spin currently! I'll keep an eye on the rears for any sag.The answer to your forum issues is the version of web browser you are using keith, you need the latest version of whatever you use. Wether that be Internet Explorer, Chrome etc.