Feemono

Kouki 86 low mileage direction - Supercharger/Lightweight/GR

@Feemono & anyone else interested, At the recent Donington trackday I noticed two cars didn't have the little intake resonator despite having an otherwise stock intake. However what both cars did have was the Tuning Developments exhaust manifold, I therefore suspect that TD remove this as part of there upgrade package, most likely so it doesn't get mellted by the hot exhaust. 

Big thanks Will for that and cheers Aaron as this whole thing was baffling me and making me question everyone who's worked on the car including the Toyota dealership who I purchased it from. 

I didn't like the title of the TD thread elsewhere on the forum but I went and vented in there anyway with my thoughts on TD but suffice to say in here, was thinking to ask TD for a branch resonator back but I don't think I'll venture the energy on it now.

My current thinking is to try and get my hands on a used Japanese/Aus/North American air intake as that'll net me the missing resonator and improve the airflow as a whole. Just a shame someone else isn't paying for it... 

I can't get a straight answer as to whether the updated 2017 air intake will fit neatly on the UK car's Zenki manifold though. Conflicting reports on one of the American forums I forget which.

Thanks again guys!

I tried it with it back in, and rotating it a bit so it wouldn’t touch and I did feel the throttle response was slightly better so left it in. However I will say the difference wasn’t much to get excited about - not talking night and day here it was fractional at best.