Sign in to follow this  
SamHarrison

Hello

Hello and Welcome! To most people, what's going on on the other forum wouldn't be classed as a club and the owner don't seem to be interested in taking the forum much further where as we plan on establishing a proper club and more importantly a none profitable organisation (unlike the owner Dan off the other forum who sets up lots of forums to make a profit off). It's still early days here but plan on making more of an effort to make a proper club presence at shows etc.

The idea, Sam is that because we are non-profit, any revenue generated through traders and through any optional membership fees is able to to be put forward for events and socials and to subsidise anything that will benefit the members. As the other forum is for Dan's income, he makes money from advertising revenue and traders, but that money is not going to go on members events etc, it will go into his pockets. For me that is morally an issue. I am already a director of a non-profit club called IMOC-UK Ltd. Come, see our stand at JAE or better still come on it in your GT86 (we will have an area on the IMOC) stand and see the facilities that are paid for by income from traders and membership fees. Whilst the other forum is an established one, it does not cater for members in the same way.

Welcome, I wouldn't particularly call it competition, it's not why we are here. But I feel your question has been answered on this matter above! You'll notice the majhority of people here haven't boycotted the other forum, if it was a spate of competition believe me they would have :).The other forum is great, it has enthusiastic people, and a wealth of information. The question you must ask is are they enthusiastic about a club? You'll find the majority that are, can be found here also.